JG14_Josf's Avatar Senior Member
    Users/Abusers,

I can own up to my abuse of the current state of the system whereby a topic for discussion is discussed.

Crumpp AKA Kettenhunde does not (according to him) appreciate me moving his public access information data from the site where it has been published to this site, yet, I continue to do this (abuse his request to not do this) anyway.

What can I say?

Poor Nancy?

How about:

I am not cutting and pasting ˜his' information. I can't even rationalize (make believe) that information can be owned. I've tried. Even the most rabid proponents of copy write laws can't win their crusades against reality without resorting to brute force or fraud. Make believe is make believe; forever and always.

I can offer a half way compromise type olive branch by avoiding any specific quotes published by the username Crumpp.

I cannot avoid linking (in some way) the information to which this discussion intends to discuss.

In my own words (avoiding a direct quote from the source of some interesting information that desires to remain anonymous?):

I have a way of looking at charts that may help anyone else if they have a difficult time seeing what is represented in the chart.

I think in terms of my own flying experiences and it occurs to me to eliminate as many variables as possible.

See if you can follow the viewpoint on your own.

This will run kind of like a story line (perhaps even entertain):

I drive up the twisty mountain road ending at a park on the edge of mountain overlooking the eastern extremities of the Los Angeles basin. The street name is Playground and the pilots call the park Launch.

The glider is taken off the top of the truck by hand and placed on the ground to be assembled. Before unpacking a quick stroll out to the edge, near the launch, is made to get an idea as to the impending flight. How much activity is in store for today? Are the weather services currently accurate? Is traffic heavy?

Looking out into the basin, and the smog, is a sight not to be missed by any aspiring carver upper of air mass (molecules all bunched up). There is, quite literally, a very large playground to be seen; one that extends as far as the eye and the imagination can see – out into the distant hazy horizon and on up into heaven.

Approaching the edge, a necessity for gaining the desired information, land begins to fall off as air begins to speed up – all on its own.

Someone can be seen taking off. The sight doesn't look (precisely) like an elevator ride (in a San-Fransico high rise) unless, perhaps, you have been on one.

This isn't Torrey Pines.

The reader may wonder, or so the story goes, what this guy is on about this time.

It is not impossible to set-up a flight whereby the aircraft is motionless relative to the ground having no strings attached. The aircraft is literally motionless.

That is what I propose to illustrate, with your help, as an endeavor is made to make sense of that chart posted above.

The idea is to imagine flying on any place on that chart and do so from an angle of view that eliminates any acceleration relative to gravity i.e. motionless relative to the ground.

A fight instructor will quiz you on this if you ever intend to learn how to fly. In fact; flying involves two references to the ground that are inevitable. One is take-off. One is landing. Flying is the stuff in between and I can attest to the fact that flying can be motionless relative to the ground. We called it parking.

Take two plots on the chart, for example, any two will do, I will take the two whereby a label is attached to each of those two plots on the chart.

A. L/D Max
    B. CL Max

Parking at L/D Max on a ridge is not the same thing as parking at CL Max on the same ridge. Something has to change during a flight whereby the same glider on the same ridge can park at L/D Max and the same glider on the same ridge can park at CL Max.

One thing that changes is AOA.

I've set-up a topic for discussion. I did not intend to insult anyone but my guess is that insulting people is as inevitable as breathing (if one is to continue living).

It is possible, in my mind, to envision any situation on that mountain whereby any plane can park (including any WWII fighter plane). Some things have to change.

Some things never change.

Poor Nancy

Dude, peyote is illegal.

I don't want to completely waste anyone's time here but can anyone point me to a research forum called AAW II. I can't find it.

Originally posted by JG14_Josf:
    I don't want to completely waste anyone's time here but can anyone point me to a research forum called AAW II. I can't find it.
    I think they're hiding from raaaid, and now...you.

AKA_TAGERT's Avatar Banned
    Kittens are cool.. They make great targets

Guys,

I can understand your need for attention. Please understand my request is a simple one. Do you know where a research forum called AAW II can be found?

How about this: instead of answering the question and instead of ignoring the question why don't you just respond with some vague and irrelevant insult with thinly veiled innuendo?

Either choice will be fine.

OK so...when is this forum title going to be changed to more accurately reflect the forum content?

How about:

Troll Land

Anyone have anything concerning the topic?

How about a link to the information requested. It concerns, of all things, WWII fighter combat.

With a bit of imagination it can also concern simulated WWII fighter combat.

Imagine that!

Originally posted by JG14_Josf:
    OK so...when is this forum title going to be changed to more accurately reflect the forum content?

How about:

Troll Land

Anyone have anything concerning the topic?

How about a link to the information requested. It concerns, of all things, WWII fighter combat.

With a bit of imagination it can also concern simulated WWII fighter combat.

Imagine that!

TrollLand was offically neutral during wwII hostilities, and mostly isolationaist as well, although they bought signifigant numbers of spitfires, la7s, 109G-2s, and mustangs for self defence (although the stangs were kept in storage until such time as there was a war they needed to win)

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by JG14_Josf:
    Guys,

I can understand your need for attention. Please understand my request is a simple one. Do you know where a research forum called AAW II can be found?

Are you certain of the forum name....do you know what AAW is short for?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►