Don't know if any of you Rome players have seen this yet, but the Lordz have turned the first release of NTW 2 loose onto the public:
    Download here!
    You need the game patched up to 1.5, and as a bonus, apparently it doesn't interfere or mess with your game files, meaning you can still play vanilla Rome.

As it's a first release, it's just the Russians vs. the French, but they're working on the other packs (you can see a link to screenshots of the Waterloo pack on the main page). Just had fun chasing down a routing French army with Musketeers. (Of course.. )

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm new to RTW but played Shogun years ago....I can not remember how to change formation while you are deploying your army before the battle. I could not find it in the manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Haigotron's Avatar Senior Member
    delicious i wanted to reisntall rome, and this will be the reason

just as a side question, whats the name of the mod that completely changes the look and feel of rome? and makes it more historical?

@ Goaty-man:
    That feature's not in Rome, sadly. The only way you can organize your troops now is manually.

@ Haigotron:
    They all change the look and feel of Rome, and are historical, depending on the time period you want. But I think you're looking for Rome Total Realism, right?

Goat, at the top of your screen there should be a basic selection of formations for you to point and click on.

Check out the Rome Total Realism mod, if you haven't already - makes a great difference.

Hope it helps.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks, I'll try them out.

I would also try Europa Barbaorum, the other major realism mod. They don't have a 1.5 version yet, but EB has a more slow paced gameplay and generally goes more in depth with their traits, government system descriptions, names etc.

Yeah, a friend pointed out EB to me. I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally hope they don't skip 1.5 and just move on to BI/Alexander. That would make the baby sausage-on-a-stick go moldy.

Our very own Dux Corvan is very involved in making EB 1.5 compatable. A lot of work has gone into it.