just asking wy we've got the european release and the perfect mode is ugly with a x800 pro with and even with forcing the shader in the config

Is a A64 3400+ 1go 3200 ddr+ x800 xt a small setup, i don't figure, or is it because it's a game it means to played sponsort by nvidia ?

We, owners of x800 pro and xt wanted a patch or we send back our games to UBI, It's non sense your are not using shader 3.0 but part of shader 2.0 instancing that ati x800 support so please don't say it's because of a lack of Ati dev support you are cutting through more than a half of your payfull custumers.

thanks

Before you jump into conclusions and scream bloody murder, at least find out the facts.

ATI is working hard on fixing current issues with AEP/PF, they already solved alot of problems with perfect mode in the 4.10 version. If you having difficulty running this game on disared settings, contact community help, they will more likely help you out.

I'm pretty sure that they are not doing this just to piss us ATi users off... The extra water effect just need PS 3.0!

And that you are "forcing" the effect like you yourself said, i dont see why you can be mad aboot it not being like it should... Your card only have PS 2.0, and no i dont think that and allie with Nvidia, they are just using the best the can find and that being PS 3.0 dosent say anything aboot ATi or Nvidia just that Oleg are thinking ahead!

I dont understand fuss around ps3.0. With water=3 game is UNPLAYABLE, read it again UNPLAYABLE, i have 6800u, the only decent framerate is when water is set to 1, ps3.0 in PF is good for screenshots only. I doubt that drivers will fix that. This game convinced me that there is no bonus for Nvidia over Ati as far ps3.0 is concerned. Maybe in some other game but in PF you get slide show not simulation with water=3.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarthBane_:
    I dont understand fuss around ps3.0. With water=3 game is UNPLAYABLE, read it again UNPLAYABLE, i have 6800u, the only decent framerate is when water is set to 1, ps3.0 in PF is good for screenshots only. I doubt that drivers will fix that. This game convinced me that there is no bonus for Nvidia over Ati as far ps3.0 is concerned. Maybe in some other game but in PF you get slide show not simulation with water=3. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I was saying this before it happened but nobody really listened. Its just like Perfect mode when FB came out...only a very small number could run it decently. Now most can...but not on the high levels.

ATI will be able to run the good water. When it finally gets a card out that support PS 3.0. Heh, that'll probably be the time that people actually fly with that water, because I hear that it's laggy as heck with Nvidia right now.

It was no secret that the highest water level was demanding, even Oleg and Luthier commented on this. Turn it down, no big deal.

I get 20-25s over sea with Water=3 (6800GT on 66.81, AMD 64 3000+) which isn't enough to leave room for dogfighting, AAA, etc...let alone terrain.

Water=1 looks better than Water=2 IMO, and soars me to the easy 50s and 60s, a carrier AA barrage is smooth and lovely. The sight takes my breath away. (and my wing)

BuzzU's Avatar Senior Member
    Blame Oleg for ATI falling behind. Good one.

I don't know why you seem so surprised, we were told Pacific Fighters would use Shader 3.0 a long time ago and it's not like you're forced to set graphics to perfect mode. I waited a long time on ATi to get drivers to allow me to play IL-2:FB in perfect mode on my old ATi 9800 Pro 256mb card so when I upgraded I decided to switch back to nVidia and bought a 6800 Ultra OC.

RocketDog's Avatar Banned
    I wouldn't get too worried about the lack of PS 3.0 support on ATi cards because the PS 3.0 water doesn't sound to be playable on Nvidia cards either .

At the moment, the PS 3.0 water looks great in screenshots, but I don't think it's particularly playable on any current technology without turning the resolution etc to very low values. We're probably going to have to wait 18 months or so for graphics cards able to handle it at 1200 x 1000 or higher resolution with reasonable frame rates. By then, the 6800s and X800s are going to be obsolete.

For myself, I just play at 1600 x 1200 in excellent with 4 x FSAA and get very smooth and pleasing frame rates with my X800Pro.

Regards,

RocketDog.