I was hosting a game today and chatting with some one a little.
    I said the Zero cockpit was so hard to look out from! and all seems to point to the real view from the pit to be better than, almost all US aircraft! Not just the 6 but sides too!
    So this lack of view takes away one of the main advantages of the Zero...

The Zero cockpit window struts are three or four times to thick! Has any one noticed this?

It must be fixed....And I am sure the dev team could at least remove 1/4 of the width from the slats without much effort.

Check photos below with this site:

http://www.j-aircraft.com/walk/dave_...layd/blayd.htm

http://www.jieitai.bravehost.com/

[This message was edited by Jieitai_Tsunami on Tue July 13 2004 at 04:01 AM.]

I said the Zero cockpit was so hard to look out from! and all seems to point to the real view from the pit to be better than, almost all US aircraft! Not just the 6 but sides too!
    So this lack of view takes away one of the main advantages of the Zero...

The Zero cockpit window struts are three or four times to thick! Has any one noticed this?

It must be fixed....And I am sure the dev team could at least remove 1/4 of the width from the slats without much effort.

Check photos below with this site:

http://www.j-aircraft.com/walk/dave_...layd/blayd.htm

http://www.jieitai.bravehost.com/

[This message was edited by Jieitai_Tsunami on Tue July 13 2004 at 04:01 AM.]

welcome to FB - check out the 190 while your at it

Salute!

S!
    7thFS_Recon, CO
    7th Fighter Squadron
    "Screamin' Demons"

Forgotten Skies

You is wrong.

Check out the Spitfire IX for a splendid view.

""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""" """""""""""
    "All your bases are belong to us."

Indeed Spitfire should be a half ring worse forward view than fw. In this game however after original blueprints without glas effects. Some struts tend to be overdone also the limited view position restricts sighting as well.

High Ground is not only more agreeable and salubrious, but more convenient from a military point of view; low ground is not only damp and unhealthy, but also disadvantageous for fighting.

Sun Tzu : The Art of War

Regards,
    Hyperion

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Oleg got one thing correct, the historical hysterical pilot Whining about cockpit view.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    :
    "Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jieitai_Tsunami:

It must be fixed....I'll post comparison photos if I can.

http://www.jieitai.bravehost.com/htt...ain%20logo.jpg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to simulations... The PC 21" monitor and 2D image displayed on it can never match that of real life...

With that said the real question is... What do you DO in the simulation to MAKE UP for it's short commings?

Do you do something.. UNREALISTIC to try and make up for the simulation limitations?

I SAY YES!

And when you stop and think about it.. What I and other propose is actually a REALISTIC thing.. Not a MAKE UP for the simulation limitations.

But to REALISE that it is REAL you have to understand how the human EYE(s) work.

What SHOULD be done is to make the canopy STRUTS (ie the metal bars that hold the glass) semi transparent.. By semi tranparent I mean they still have the same shape, size and color.. but like a cloud.. you can KIND OF SEE though them. That would not only SIMULATE how the human EYE(S) work.. But it would MAKE up for some of the simulations limitaions.

Problem is alot of people *THINK* doing that is in and of itself NOT REAL! So it can and should not be done.. But *THOSE* people just dont know how the human EYE(s) work.

It is too late for IL2.. And most likly too late for PF.. But I hope they can do it for BoB.

ASH HOUSEWARES GROOVY

BennyMoore's Avatar Banned
    Actually, think about when you're in your car. The supports holding the roof up really do block your vision.

What should be done is to make the edges of the canopy transparent, because that is the way the human eye works. Unless you have eyes on the sides of your head like a rabbit, you won't be able to see completely around an object that's thicker than dental floss.

However, this would not look right, I think, as our eyes are used to this, and adding it inside of a game would be reduntant and look unnatural.

What the ultimately realistic solution would be is making the pilot's head moveable. It's already turnable, but what about moving it? That's how you look around things like canopy supports in real life. Why can't we do it in the game? In addition, this would let us "rubberneck" like the pilots were told to do in real life.

try yak9's...

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''

plane is 2slow, guns are 2weak and DM suck?...Then click here | Fear british army.

Bad boys, bad boys, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you..

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oleg86:
    try yak9's...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They win the prize for crappest view and gunsite. I think the Fw190 and BF109 are poorly designed as far as there sites go, the P63 is like wearning horse blinkers there so much metal in the canopy, the P47D razorbacks have a bit of metal right down the middle which is pretty annoying and the spit is akin to looking through a tank periscope there so much **** in the way.

I like the P39, P47D27 and P51D, they all have great views. Probably one reason I like them so much.

Wolfgaming.net. Where the Gameplay is teamplay
    Home of WGNDedicated

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... Last ►►