http://www.gamershell.com/download_35486.shtml

why not for pc ?

First view inside cockpit in the video

zardozid's Avatar Senior Member
    That's a "Birds of Pray" link NOT a "Storm of War" link...

"BoP" is a console game that uses some (all?) of the "IL2 1946" flight model data...no shared graphics, not an Oleg project, and uses an all new game engine.

I must say, that it is starting to look VERY good, console or not.
    This is a great way to introduce more people to our type of gaming and when they like this kind of stuff, stepping up to Il2 and eventually to BoB is more of a reality.
    Great news for us, as the more people who like this stuff means revenue to keep this genre going.
    A good portion of that revenue will hopefully wind up in Oleg's pocket, as he makes the best.

I also wanted to say that it looks very good and runs so smooth.
    Which console/consoles will this be intended for? I am sure it is for nothing less than PS3 and XBox360. I will be very surprised if the Wii has enough power to run it well.
    My question is, if the PS3 and XBox360 can run something that looks so good, so well, why do our PC's have as much trouble as they do with Il2? The power of a PS3 or XBox360 won't out-muscle the PC I've got. I have often wondered this for other games. What gives?
    Is the coding that much different in BoP?
    I can imagine that there are many things in Il2 that are not present in BoP that tax our CPU's to the limit, but WOW does BoP look good.

Originally posted by Choctaw111:
    Which console/consoles will this be intended for? I am sure it is for nothing less than PS3 and XBox360. I will be very surprised if the Wii has enough power to run it well.
    My question is, if the PS3 and XBox360 can run something that looks so good, so well, why do our PC's have as much trouble as they do with Il2? The power of a PS3 or XBox360 won't out-muscle the PC I've got. I have often wondered this for other games. What gives?
    I can imagine that there are many things in Il2 that are not present in BoP that tax our CPU's to the limit, but WOW does BoP look good.
    GOOD QUESTION!

ooh ooh I know the answer to that one
    Consoles have very little else to process other than whatever software is running, PCs on the other hand have the OS initially, then the various programs that are needed to make the PC run (network, drivers, DX etc..)

Originally posted by Choctaw111:
    Consoles are basically designed to do one thing: Play games. The PS3 and 360 are also able to play DVD's, but you're probably not going to do both at the same time. Hence, more power devoted to the program currently running.

In theory, anyways.

Back on topic, I'm thinking I might have to check this out. Those graphics are just incredible. Although I have to say the HUD isn't really doing it for me.

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    Bare in mind that game consoles are no longer something soccer mums buy to entertain the younger kids on a wet day whilst "grownups" play PC games. Console games have overtaken PC gaming in many areas.

Many younger dedicated console gamers will have specifically purchased a 27" or larger 1080p
    1920×1080 resolution high definition TV just for gaming and connecting to "XBOX live" online.

This means new titles for console games are written to run with reasonably high resolutions "out of the box".

Also that you can pickup a console for the price of a mid range graphics card i have a 360 hooked up to the same screen as my pc (HDMI)

I have never played a flight sim type game on it, that is what i built my pc is for

This il2 on the console just does not apeal to me

While running IL-2 on a PC, very little of the CPU, <1%, is being taken by other activities (unless you do something stupid like run a video encode while playing IL-2 on a single core processor). Throw in a dual core and it becomes an even tinier percent. Which makes me wonder: does the console version have dumbed down physics and FMs?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►