Well I at last got away from work to go and collect my new rig yesterday...

Vista looks very nice, but looks aren't everything and that's about all it has going for it as far as I can see at the moment... So far it has refused to install both my Pacific Fighters and Adobe Photoshop 7... No amount of fooling it into installing these two programs would work and after faffing about till 2.00am I turned it off, swearing to install XP Pro later this evening...

This morning I remembered there was a couple of threads on the subject of installing PF with Vista, can someone point me in their direction please...

Well I at last got away from work to go and collect my new rig yesterday...

Vista looks very nice, but looks aren't everything and that's about all it has going for it as far as I can see at the moment... So far it has refused to install both my Pacific Fighters and Adobe Photoshop 7... No amount of fooling it into installing these two programs would work and after faffing about till 2.00am I turned it off, swearing to install XP Pro later this evening...

This morning I remembered there was a couple of threads on the subject of installing PF with Vista, can someone point me in their direction please...

101 threads on this in community help.Heres one of them:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/9371057106

Von_Rat's Avatar Senior Member
    rule number one. dont install games in program files.

i dont even have vista but ive picked that one up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Von_Rat:
    rule number one. dont install games in program files.

i dont even have vista but ive picked that one up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... Yes I found that out as well, before I got Vista! Funny I tried installing Strike Fighters (And you know how old that is... ) and it worked first time no problem with absolutely no faffing, PF on the other hand... Nothing!