View Poll Results: How do you get most of your kills?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Head up one-on-one dogfight.

14 17.07%
  • Attack an enemy who's attacking a team mate.

32 39.02%
  • Ambush lower flighing aircraft en route, or at combat areas from high altitude (you FW190 pilots like this one).

34 41.46%
  • Ambush enemy aircraft shortly after take off (be honest, I know some of you do this a lot).

2 2.44%
  • Shoot aircraft already flamed by a team mate (bad).

0 0%
    I've been at this for about 6-7 months now. I find that most of my kills are the result of attacking an enemy aircraft that is in the process of attacking one of my team mates. I've been hit that as well as many other ways. I was just wondering how the rest of you rack up your most of your kills.

Jaws2002's Avatar Senior Member
    I try to get the third type most of the time, but many times I end up shooting the guy that's chasing me and didn't watch his speed when I pulled the hand brake.

DKoor's Avatar Senior Member
    Two ways mostly.....I surprise them or attack EA that is in process of attacking one of friendlies.

Easy kills.

Mainly the first. If I see a buddy getting his butt handed to him I'll break off to help him get it back, but most of the time he's been handed it on a golden platter before I can get there.

If I see a bandit below me I'll dive and pick him off, unless of course he's being attacked already.

Usually by taking a bogey off a team m8. I think it`s the easiest kind of kill apart from kill stealing. The bogey is usually so fixated on your friend that he`s almost a perfect target, add to that comms and your pursued friend can literally `position` the bogey in your sights for you! lovely when it happens like that.

I drive a convertable and tell them I am rich.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Ambush a lower flying enemy. I try and use this technique in nearly all planes...I even did it the other night against a Hurricane while I was flying a Ki-27. Its just my preferred technique.

After the first few months I started to learn to hate the out and out dogfights. I still do it but I find its better to just blast the heck out of the enemy on the first pass if possible and then get the heck out.

I think "target fixation" leads to a healthy share of scenario #2 kills. That's what I usually try to exploit, preferably after swooping in with an energy advantage.

Not too many folks admitting to the last two. The results so far are pretty much what I've seen in my limited experience.

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Normally by engaging WEP, then jamming the throttle to 110% while at the back of the line on the runway...Naturally dropping my bombs too.

Why do I keep getting negative points with so many kills each mission?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►