Thread: Double Encore | Forums

Ok, I have a question for those that have gotten double encores. At what level did you start getting double encores?

My fat ps3 has been locking up, so I bought a new slim version. So I decided on the new one to start from scratch and delete the game save data. I am back up to about 1.6 mil RSP and have gotten high scores for the Encores enough to fill the line for them 30-60k. But I have yet to get a double encore?

At this point I really have no idea when an encore is chosen to happen..

I assumed you had to at least hit your qualifying score for each song. I hit those scores several times for different events and didn't get any encores at all. Finally I did have one come up, but I don't think I did that much better than I normally do.

Then last week I didn't hit the qualifying score for one of my songs. Strangely enough I did poorly and got an encore.

I'm baffled.

Before I got the new PS3, I did have one song that I messed up big time and did not hit the qualifying score. But another song in the event I did great on and more then completed it. So I think it is a combined score that determines if an encore is available. But on the new one, I have gotten Encores on all events and the songs that it brought up for the Encore was one from the next set so I did good on those as well. Still no double encore. Keep in mind, new PS3, so never played those songs on this PS3. I wonder how much accuracy plays in the double encores? Is it accuracy over score?

Clarence382's Avatar Member
    After the third Setlist, I always seem to get Double Encores.

I get Encores just by performing well on the songs. After the song is complete and the game totals your points, that little orange bar fills up underneath the song title. I guess as long as you fill it all the way up on each song in the set list; you get an Encore.

I assume to get the Double Encore you need to fill the Orange Bar on the Encore song.

Cool, so maybe I need to play just one more event.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    My first two events got me my first two double encores. Then I only got an encore on the third. I think my fourth and fifth also got me double encores. I think I missed the next one, and then got my sixth double shortly afterwards.

I've had a couple double encores since, but now I don't get them as much since I usually get thrown a master mode encore for a song I don't have fully memorized and even if I had the song memorized they don't tell you which arrangement to play (chord, single note, combo?), so it's pretty tough to get a double encore now

I remember the first time I got a master mode encore they threw Number Thirteen at me... I didn't even remember what song it was until the music started playing, so I really didn't come near getting a double on that one, I basically just made up my own notes the whole way through.

To make sure I always get the encore I just level the songs in the setlist a bit after qualifying them, and ahead of playing the setlist. I don't have a good understanding of how to ensure you get a double because I think it's just how well you do on the encore, and that's pretty random.

Rocksmith-Matt's Avatar Rocksmith Game Designer
    To receive an encore, during the event you need to reach a total score of at least 120% of the combined qualifying scores of the setlist.

If you have at least 90% note accuracy on the encore, then there will be a 50% chance you receive a double encore.

On a side note, we are aware of the master mode issue of not knowing which arrangement to play for an encore, and that will be fixed in the next patch.

Originally posted by Rocksmith-Matt:
    To receive an encore, during the event you need to reach a total score of at least 120% of the combined qualifying scores of the setlist.

If you have at least 90% note accuracy on the encore, then there will be a 50% chance you receive a double encore.
    Very nice info, we'd probably never figured it out ourselves.

By the way, it's also nice to see that a developer (or sort of) has actually signed up to this forum. Please, can you confirm that the 7+ songs event issue on the PS3 is being sorted out for the next patch? A revamp of the riff repeater would be also most welcome.

Uh, and... great job, really.

I didn't have too much trouble with getting double encores, but for people who have pretty high qualifying scores and are having trouble getting encores here's my idea based on Matt's info. Level the following charts as high as you can:

Go With the Flow (Single Note) (160k+ potential)
    Do You Remember (Single Note) (160k+ potential)
    Good Enough (Combo) (145k+ potential)
    Panic Switch (Single Note) (130k+ potential)

If you have all 4 of these songs mastered, you'll need to put a non-mastered song in the set as well. Based on these 4 songs scoring potential, and the fact that qualifying scores cap out at 90k for a non-master event, you can get over 595k out of these 4 songs. Even with the 360k qualifying total for the setlist, this means you have a chance to score 165% above it, if not more. From that point, you just have to do well on the encore and hope.

Rocksmith-Matt's Avatar Rocksmith Game Designer
    We have fixed the 7+ song event issue, and it will be resolved in the next patch.