Hello, I'm pretty much brand new to IL-2, I've been reading some of the material you guys have put out, been playing the demo, and am waiting for a copy of 1946 to install on my upcoming birthday (along with a joystick, my old one got thrown out, yes I've been playing the demo with a keyboard only).

Since this is my first "sim" that I've gotten into, I don't know all the ins and outs of flying an airplane, so I have some (probably stupid) questions.

1. What does the Prop Pitch do?

2. What does the Aileron do?

3. How do you look around when using the joystick? Do you have your left hand on your mouse? Do you use the numpad?

4. What are the advantages of the different flap settings? I know that "landing" flaps slow your speed, and I take it "combat" flaps are for combat, etc. But what are "raised" flaps for? What are "cowled or armored" flaps?

5. How do you get out of a spin?

6. If I land mid-mission, is there anyway to repair my plane?

7. Do only certain planes have airbrake capabilities? I fly the Bf-109 a lot, and whenever I hit the airbrake I don't see any difference, or feel any difference.

I'll probably have more questions later.

Thanks for your time.

Hello, I'm pretty much brand new to IL-2, I've been reading some of the material you guys have put out, been playing the demo, and am waiting for a copy of 1946 to install on my upcoming birthday (along with a joystick, my old one got thrown out, yes I've been playing the demo with a keyboard only).

Since this is my first "sim" that I've gotten into, I don't know all the ins and outs of flying an airplane, so I have some (probably stupid) questions.

1. What does the Prop Pitch do?

2. What does the Aileron do?

3. How do you look around when using the joystick? Do you have your left hand on your mouse? Do you use the numpad?

4. What are the advantages of the different flap settings? I know that "landing" flaps slow your speed, and I take it "combat" flaps are for combat, etc. But what are "raised" flaps for? What are "cowled or armored" flaps?

5. How do you get out of a spin?

6. If I land mid-mission, is there anyway to repair my plane?

7. Do only certain planes have airbrake capabilities? I fly the Bf-109 a lot, and whenever I hit the airbrake I don't see any difference, or feel any difference.

I'll probably have more questions later.

Thanks for your time.