Does anyone know if any of our P47s are modelled with the paddle-bladed prop? What caught my eye was the climb times of the P47-d27 versus the P51D. In America's Hundred Thousand the paddle-bladed P47D25 outclimbs the P51D, that's what caught my eye. In the last IL2Compare(3.02) I have this is not the case.

Does anyone know if any of our P47s are modelled with the paddle-bladed prop? What caught my eye was the climb times of the P47-d27 versus the P51D. In America's Hundred Thousand the paddle-bladed P47D25 outclimbs the P51D, that's what caught my eye. In the last IL2Compare(3.02) I have this is not the case.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    The -27 is the only one with the paddle blades. It didn't always have it modeled, but a patch or two ago it received the paddle prop and some more HP. I definitely notice a difference between the lighter D-10 and the -27. The -27 has better accel, climb and zoom climb. She also has one of the best high speed shallow climbs in the sim/game, allowing you to gain separation and alt from most pursuers.

yhea the D 27 has it at the moment for as far as I know. It's really a great plane

the paddle prop started on the D 21s or 22s, it should already be present on our D 22s, but it is not

the fin fillet installed to make up for lost yaw stabilty when the razorback became a bubble top started from the D 25s onwards, another feature the D27 lacks

and of course, even though the Jug had auto controls, it still had manual prop pitch etc, ala 109, why cant everyplane that had this facility use it in the game?