Here it is. New Year's eve.

Just wanted to thank all of you for a great year. And to ask forgiveness to those I may have offended. Sorry Luckyboy, I really feel bad about snapping at you. Never again.

I have met a lot of new friends thanks to this Forum. I will do my utmost in 2005 to be a better citizen.

MaxMhz's Avatar Senior Member

Same to you - lets drink some !

What offence lol

Actually New Year here! 2005!!

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blairgowrie:
    Here it is. New Year's eve.

Just wanted to thank all of you for a great year. And to ask forgiveness to those I may have offended. Sorry Luckyboy, I really feel bad about snapping at you. Never again.

I have met a lot of new friends thanks to this Forum. I will do my utmost in 2005 to be a better citizen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a Blair myself. Happy flying

Actually, there is nothing to apologize for. Getting this game to run right will make us all buggy! Tell you what... tell a Yank what's the best Scotch out there because I've been trying to expand my horizon's beyond Glenlivet and have not had much satisafaction from the brands I've tried and each bottle is an expensive experiment. Give me the word and we'll call it even M8 even though there's nothing to get even over!

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Well, if blairgowrie isn't able to reply soon. I've had 60 dollar glasses of scotch and the best one I've ever had is a bottle that costs 42 bucks: The Balvenie Doublewood. Add a touch of water, just a few drops

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
    Well, if blairgowrie isn't able to reply soon. I've had 60 dollar glasses of scotch and the best one I've ever had is a bottle that costs 42 bucks: The Balvenie Doublewood. Add a touch of water, just a few drops <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, like all aces, don't dilute my booze. Fact.

JG7_Rall's Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
    Well, if blairgowrie isn't able to reply soon. I've had 60 dollar glasses of scotch and the best one I've ever had is a bottle that costs 42 bucks: The Balvenie Doublewood. Add a touch of water, just a few drops <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, like all aces, don't dilute my booze. Fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking of that, did you know that once upon a time in some place that has escaped my memory, diluting alcohol was punishable by death?

As I sit here sipping my Grand Marnier, I have to agree that Balvenie is an excellent single malt. I am also partial to Laphroaig from the Western Isles.

My wife and I are sitting here planning a return trip to Scotland in July 2005. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about it. Those national feelings run deep to say nothing about a good portion of fish and chips or is it "curried chips" now. No offence meant. I love East Indian food too.

jensenpark's Avatar Senior Member
    BG: Great sentiment!

Pleasure flying with you...you're one of the class acts of our forum.

As for scotch, while I drink my single malts neat, don't scoff at Chuck's comment of adding a (small) touch of water...
    water actually releases aromas and flavours in scotch.

Although I do admit a death sentence for diluting booze does sound like it has it merits...