Hi all,

I just wanted to know if Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory is any good and worth to buy for someone having FB/AEP/PF merged installation.

I am very much looking forward for Storm of War: Battle of Britain but want to know if Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory is worth buying to play until the new Maddox Games flight sim is released. But don't get me wrong - I am still enjoying FB/AEP/PF very much and also plan to get IL-1946.

Thanks for any information.

Michael the WildeSau

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Here we go again! Yes, it is very good! I suggest looking here before paying much attention to the impressionistic comments of the BOB2 detractors. I've played it since it came out in fall 2005, it has steadily improved, and the developers intend to keep improving it long term---it is not a dead chicken like IL-2.

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1...434001fa30b91a1a7d11

p-11.cAce's Avatar Senior Member
    Amazon Ratings:
    1946 - 5 stars
    Shockwave BoB - 2 1/2 stars

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    If Amazon told you to jump off a cliff would ya'? Would ya', punk?

Seriously though, it's not got multiplay which means it's AI's focused and much better at this than Il-2. FMs are not as good as Il-2, I don't think, (haven't tried the 2.06 ones though) Although some of the graphics are weaker than Il-2 the multi-layered clouds are neat. patch is up and get some of the mods. Considering you can pick up this title for peanuts you'd be silly not to get it.

bazzaah2's Avatar Senior Member
    it is a very good game and the option to wargame the battle at a high tactical level is welcome and quite well done.

It lacks the graphical polish of 46 but it's still worth the cash, just make sure you patch it up.

FMs are good and DMs better than OK. AI seems better than on 46.

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    I jumped but the cliff was only 3ft high,
    I twisted my ankle.
    Bloody Amazon.

Awww...you know I'm just playing my role of unrepentant Oleg fanboi extraordinaire Your role (leitmotiv) is to be the Shockwave fanboi extraordinaire. We form a symbiotic relationship that provides balance and keeps raaid from imploding the universe

P-11.cAce has made it her destiny to be the ultimate Oleg fangirl.

This absolutely mind-boggling---p-11.cAce! We were both on the same wavelength simultaneously! HA! Hell no, though. I am on the record about this---I chucked my first copy of BOB2 into the rubbish in Oct 2005 it gave me such a pain! I think it deserves a chance, that's all, and IL-2 looks pretty dreary if you are using FSX. It is not the be all, end all. But cheers for synchronicity, that's amazing! We are yin/yanging something, I guess!

This absolutely mind-boggling---p-11.cAce! We were both on the same wavelength simultaneously! HA! Hell no, though. I am on the record about this---I chucked my first copy of BOB2 into the rubbish in Oct 2005 it gave me such a pain! I think it deserves a chance, that's all, and IL-2 looks pretty dreary if you are using FSX. It is not the be all, end all. But cheers for synchronicity, that's amazing! We are yin/yanging something, I guess!
    Too funny ~S~