has this sim got auto rudder?

What would it do?

Nope, it doesn't.

Having 'auto rudder' it would make it a game.

As you state, it's a sim... thus, it has no 'auto rudder'<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

(Multicontrollered pIL2ots in need of tuning sensitivity settings:IL2-Sticks
    might come in handy, IL2 Joy Control (By Oleg_BS) can even be more usefull!)

Auto rudder was a nice feature in older flight sims (some might still do it I don't know) that tied the rudder to the aileron controls allowing for coordinated turns and ground handling without having to buy rudder pedals or use the keyboard. With almost all modern joysticks featuring a twist-rudder feature I don't think auto rudder serves much of a purpose anymore.

M$FS still has it. But there is no autorudder in the Il-2 series. But maybe disabling a difficulty option will make your turns co-ordinated. But it will certainly do a number of other things that you don't want to.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge,
    ye shall be judged: and with what
    measure ye mete, it shall be measured
    to you again.

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    I have a Saitek game pad with two analog joysticks, and I use the right joystick as the rudder.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------
    "It breaks my heart, but I am almost certain that raaaid will get the Nobel Prize in physics before we get the Avenger in PF."
    -- Zeus-cat
    ------------------------------

roybaty's Avatar Senior Member
    Auto rudder...game pads???

<face twitching>

HERETIC!!!!! HEATHEN!!!! Who let these people who talk of witchcraft in here! Burn them!!!!

Jus' kiddin'...kinda

RoyBaty owner of a HOTAS, and Pedals.

What? WWII pilots didn't have programmable buttons?

<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-------------- QUICK SPECS --------------

-------------- HARDWARE --------------

SYSTEM: DELL XPS 600 3Ghz/P4/630
    VIDEO CARD: nVidia 6800GS/256
    RAM: 1 Gig DDR2 4200
    HOTAS : Thrustmaster COUGAR
    PEDALS: CH Pro Pedals USB
    OTHER INPUT: Track IR2

-------------- SOFTWARE --------------

VOICE COMMAND: Shoot 1.6/VR Commander
    COMMUNICATION: Teamspeak 2 R2
    DX Ver: 9c

Phil_C's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Platypus_1.JaVA:
    M$FS still has it. But there is no autorudder in the Il-2 series. But maybe disabling a difficulty option will make your turns co-ordinated. But it will certainly do a number of other things that you don't want to.
    FS only uses auto rudder if its enabled... as default when you install the program, its not active. it hasnt been since FS2002.

Oh and using the rudder is a blast...making all sortsa wacky un-coordinated turns and moves..<div class="ev_tpc_signature">