How cool would this game be if it had a clickable functioning cockpit similiar to the one used on the game falcon:allied force. Push a button to start the engine,set rad,arm guns etc. Just bored and thought i would put that out there.

Burn him. Heretic.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Whats so cool about it? I still dont under stand the attraction.

A clickable pit WITH an actual 3D hand flipping switches and holding the stick.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Keyboard is more realistic in modelling real pilot cockpit panel usage. Real pilots could feel their way around the cockpit panel without looking, and Click Cockpit forces you to always look and click while you stop flying the plane to Find and Click.

What we need is a clickable joystick, so we can click and hold it...fly that way.[/sarcasm]

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Estocade85:
    A clickable pit WITH an actual 3D hand flipping switches and holding the stick.
    The very, very, mark my words, the very first time your virtual hand blocked a gauge you needed to see, it wouldn't be quite so cool

Until there is a way to simulate the pilot shifting in the seat, inclining his head, and moving his eyes, the virtual pilot body will restrict the view of the player.

Virtual pilot=gimmick
    clickable cockpit=gimmick

It's a cool novelty that would take away from the function of the sim

That's my opinion of course but my opinion is more valid than anyone else's, so there

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Clickable Cockpit is good in F4:AF when I can't remember the key combination... just click in the cockpit.
    BIt of a novelty though, and something I could live without.. especialy as clickable cockpits take so long to make.

msalama's Avatar Senior Member
    Could be a switchable option like many others. Gimmick or not.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►