U-Debo's Avatar Junior Member
    I thought the red lights in the command room signified silent attack modes and white lights when normal. But in SH3 the red lights come on at night and the white lights come on in the day.

Is that the way it's supposed to be like?

U-Debo's Avatar Junior Member
    I thought the red lights in the command room signified silent attack modes and white lights when normal. But in SH3 the red lights come on at night and the white lights come on in the day.

Is that the way it's supposed to be like?

Red lights were used as nighttime illination in order to preserve night vision. Stepping out on deck from red light = you can see.

Stepping out at night from white light = no can see.

During the day this problem doesn't exist and for everyone's benefit they run white lights.

irimi's Avatar Junior Member
    BTW it's the same in every warship, at least on the bridge, and even in other ships (fishing boats, etc.). The watch is vital at sea, even if you don't look for boats to sink

My recent visit to the maritime museum taught me that they switch to red at night even when anchored in port!

They still do this in modern subs evean though they spend all there time underwater. They do I for the benafit of giving the sailors a sense of time.Wight 4 day and Red 4 night.

Same effect whit rgeen light too... thats why your car's meters and other panel lights are also green or red as a general rule.

best-underwater-fishing-lights ?

Who can tell the best product among those listed on this site?
    https://householdneed.com/best-under...ishing-lights/