In this article we can see how the money grubbing aircraft makers are screwing everybody involved with a love of their planes.!!
    http://www.strategypage.com//fyeo/ho...et=HTMURPH.HTM

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    All the more reason for us to enjoy and appreciate what we have......

Yeah this is getting insane

Sad, very sad.

Putting together kits of the aircraft I read about and saw in movies, and all sorts of stuff was one of my most rewarding past times as a kid.

I hope my kids (when I get em at some point waaaaaay in the future ) wont be deprived of being able to do the same.

Latico's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't, for a minute, believe the figures that article states. Some one had posted a link to another article from a guy that worked with Monogram-Revell, that stated that one aircraft manufacture only requested a 1.5 percent of the projected net profits of a model (probably wholesale price, not retail). That doesn't calculate anywhere near "up to $40 per kit". Unless they mean $40 for the reproduction on one particular kit, as in, 10k copies of the kit. In that case $40 to produce 10k copies really ain't squat.

Do the math people.

We really need to take what we read about this issue with a grain of salt. There are politics invloved here and I think we all know how the truth can be twisted when it comes to politics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FlakMagnent:
    In this article we can see how the money grubbing aircraft makers are screwing everybody involved with a love of their planes.!!
    http://www.strategypage.com//fyeo/ho...et=HTMURPH.HTM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unbelieveble and... simply very, very bad. Unbelievebly bad.

Wallstein!

Hoatee's Avatar Senior Member
    create a commodity and then claim a piece for your sel,

fish.

JadehawkII's Avatar Senior Member
    This so called article has been posted on some dedicated modeling sites and have bebunked this article as poorly researched and hardly accurate with reality. While it's true Manufactures are asking for I quote: "Copy right protection" so junior Bobby and his parents can't sue Aircraft maker Number 1 just because Bobby swallowed plastic piece from Popular plastic kit. That's the whole idea behind what you are hearing. I hate it when someone tries to confuse reality with poor research and real facts of what's going on.

Jadehawk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JadehawkII:
    This so called article has been posted on some dedicated modeling sites and have bebunked this article as poorly researched and hardly accurate with reality. While it's true Manufactures are asking for I quote: "Copy right protection" so junior Bobby and his parents can't sue Aircraft maker Number 1 just because Bobby swallowed plastic piece from Popular plastic kit. That's the whole idea behind what you are hearing. I hate it when someone tries to confuse reality with poor research and real facts of what's going on.

Jadehawk <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I know that the figures in the article seem to be off. My point in posting the article was simply to show the community that this game isnt the only company to be brought around to paying IP copyrights. I still dont see why some of these companies see fit to bring a historical simulation like this one down because someone gets greedy even though the planes are some 60 years old and really rare to see today. I mean come on. They make billions a year in these modern times, why mess with the entertainment buisnesses.