Servicing manual for Bf 109K-4, conditions as of October 1944, effective January 1945, authorized 25 January 1945.

It says:

3. Stabilisers and control surfaces.

Vertical stabilisers without horn balance, with Flettner tab; rudder with reduced area
    trail.
    Cantilever variable incidence horizontal stabiliser, adjustable in flight; increased gearing compared to Bf 109 G.
    Mechanical angle indicators for the horizontal stabiliser in the cocpit,
    on the left side wall.
    For reduction of the stick forcres, modified elevator kinematics.

109K tail unit and elevator deflection angles, as of 30 December 1944:

Have fun!

joeap's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Kurfurst__:

Have fun!
    Oh "they" will, thanks for this friend.

The Brits were always complaining about the rudder trim and here we have the german designers more worried about the elevator forces.

I'm confused.

So this is say what ? that K4 should have better elevator control over the G models ?

Stabilisers and control surfaces.

Vertical stabilisers without horn balance, with Flettner tab; rudder with reduced area
    trail.
    Cantilever variable incidence horizontal stabiliser, adjustable in flight; increased gearing compared to Bf 109 G.
    Mechanical angle indicators for the horizontal stabiliser in the cocpit,
    on the left side wall.
    For reduction of the stick forcres, modified elevator kinematics.

Have no idear y they would let late model 109,s fly with heavy elevators at 400kph that Oleg trys to pass of on us

Kurfurst, You may have over estimated your opponents.

Sometimes you have to just spell it out for them.

HuninMunin's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice.
    Since it's sorted now could you come up with something that clearly states the 262's wings were swept for CoG concerns?

Something like a personal note from Willy like " Verdammter Mist. Können im ganzen Reich keine 100 Kilo Ballast auftreiben. Denke wir müssen den ganzen Pfügel pfeilen. Keine Ahnung wie sich das auf die Flugleistung auswirken wird. Schau gleich mal in die paar hundert Seiten Strömungsversuche die dieser komische Professor da geschickt hat. Ist bestimmt wieder nur unbedeutender Quark der mich nichts angeht... "

Originally posted by stalkervision:
    The Brits were always complaining about the rudder trim and here we have the german designers more worried about the elevator forces.

I'm confused.
    Speaking of trimming, it seems that the aileron Flettner tabs also doubled as aileron trim, and were adjustable from the cocpit. But I am 100% sure of that, but its certainly mentions being adjustable 'according to the will of the pilot', and there is a visible, small piano wire going on there as well.

are these on earlier 109 e versions kurf?

?

If you mean my last post, the info is from the 109K manual, too. The 109E model did not have flettner tabs, some of the 109G series, appearantly those G-6 and G-10 produced in WNF, did have though.

Originally posted by Kurfurst__:
    ?

If you mean my last post, the info is from the 109K manual, too. The 109E model did not have flettner tabs, some of the 109G series, appearantly those G-6 and G-10 produced in WNF, did have though.
    Yup that's what I mean.