Also i only have 512 ram , maybe that is a reason ? I see the game says to have 1 gig at least, could that be the cause as i can join a mutiplayer game but it only loads 3/4 of the game . any help would be great! tnx
    bayrunner

Also i only have 512 ram , maybe that is a reason ? I see the game says to have 1 gig at least, could that be the cause as i can join a mutiplayer game but it only loads 3/4 of the game . any help would be great! tnx
    bayrunner

Keep in mind you have more than 512MB of rams, if your system is correct, you will have also virtual memory that can reach till 1024 or more...

goto settings-->control panel-->system-->advanced
    -->performance-->settings-->advanced-->virtual memory--change-->mark "system managed size" -->ok
    reboot computer

click and hold ALT+CTRL+DEL

goto Performance and check "physical memory"

Kaleun1961's Avatar Senior Member
    Virtual memory is no substitute for physical RAM. It is much too slow for the demands of processing this graphically intense game. On some systems you may get by with only 512, and there are gamers in this forum who do, but really at least 1 GB of RAM is ideal.

I just installed the game. I have an Athlon 1.3 Ghz processor and 1.5 GB of RAM and I notice that while running on the surface, the video still stops and starts sporactically. I'm gonna see if there are any advanced settings within the game I can play with.

One of my Ram chips stopt working some time ago, so now I only have 512MB. And I have no problem running Sh3. The only difrenc on my system is the loadings are slower.

Realjambo's Avatar Senior Member
    Bear in mind Windows can eat up the majority of 512k of ram alone. Dependent on how your system is set up and what resources/programmes you have running too. I'd recommend 1gb as standard physical ram. If you look at pre built pc adverst these days, more and more are coming with 2gb as standard.

And dont forget the GPX card, at least 128 or more to play....

I dont know why UBI come up with minimum require is 64MB???

JU88's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Night_Crawler:
    And dont forget the GPX card, at least 128 or more to play....

I dont know why UBI come up with minimum require is 64MB??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh people worry about VRAM (graphics memory) too much, GPu speed is a little more important.

What runs SH3 better?

A) Geforce 3 Ti500 64mb
    B) Radeon 9250 256mb

If you think the answer is (B) shoot your self!
    And yes, ive tried both