I just learned in History class that i think 144unit or something like was assmebled with Japanese-Americans and fought with distingtion in Europe. Though their family and loved ones were in the holding camps in America beacuse of the rasism .

I just learned in History class that i think 144unit or something like was assmebled with Japanese-Americans and fought with distingtion in Europe. Though their family and loved ones were in the holding camps in America beacuse of the rasism .

Zyzbot's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope your history class also taught you about this. Most seem to omit it:

http://www.serve.com/shea/germusa/itintern.htm

Yeah we learned about italians too.

10 to 1 they didn't tell you about the Germans that volunteered to fight for the Russians, the Russians, (Vichy) French and Cossacks who fought for the Germans , the Koreans who fought for the Japanese, etc, etc.

Personally, I consider the Nisei to be American and not 'Japanese-American'. But then, I'm not very politically correct, either.

From what I read, most German-Americans fought in the pacific, I have a picture of Japanese-American soldiers running in a cathedral(France), shells are incomming...quite a picture. The U.S. also had help from the mafia to protect the docks on the homefront(NY) and to collect intelligence in Italy and Sicily before and during the landings there.