Objective complete! I have Spanish-orange skin - with some pink patches here and there and a big white stripe across the middle (VikingGrandma wouldn't let me wear my warrior-thong on the beach)

I can't believe it's even hotter here in the UK today than in Mallorca... How I miss the hotel room air-con - a stark contrast to the hot air currently blowing on my leg from the back of my PC The phrase 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' springs to mind.

I almost finished 'Das Boot' while I was away... I'm near the end of the Gibraltar chapter . I had some thoughts on the book which I'd like to hear your opinions on when I've finished reading it. I really need to see the film again too!

Naturally, there's been lots of forum activity over the last 10 days, which I will try to catch up on. I've already seen a few interesting threads/posts I'd like to follow up.

Not seen any locked threads yet, so I trust you have all been behaving well!?

VG

bunkerratt's Avatar Senior Member
    wb....and i'm happy mr's vg had the sense to prohibit the thong ..could of caused an international incident and every one else is behaving except KF..he's off on a 1 man invasion of england..

Realjambo's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes welcome back VK. I think we've all been pretty well behaved.

You sent no patrol log's whilst you were away? mmm.

Celeon999's Avatar Senior Member
    Welcome back

Mallorca ? I bet you saw a lot of drunken germans there ?

So many germans go there that Mallorca (or Malle how many people call it) is already called a colony. Celeon was never there

Yes there were plenty of drunk Germans, and Italians too. The resort we went to does not have so many British visitors - more German, Italian and Spanish.

The resort is so popular with Germans that they even serve fine quality weissbier at the beach bar!

Makes my mouth water just looking at it

A very nice young German girl who was working in one of the bars introduced us to a Cuban cocktail called a 'Mojito'. I swear that this drink helps to prevent hangovers!