According to readme for 4.03, the maneuverability of the 109s supposed to be increased, I'm not a dedicated 109 flyer so I couldn't really tell. Anybody notice anything different about the performance and maneuverability of the 109s?

The readme was pretty vague about it, so I did a couple of quick QMBs in K4 and G6s and seemed to behave like before with heavy elevators and ailerons with just a little bit of speed. So 109 expertens out there, please chime in.

Better maneuverability under 370kph.Over 390kph elevator is stiffer than before.

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    yea thay seem to just float now. i dont even have to use power after take off. i just turn off the motor and hover. german antigravity be sure

And people think Oleg doesn't have a sense of humour.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    How long has the patch been out?

Two days?

yesterday everyone was all gross and lovey-dovey, ooo Oleg, I wuv youuu, and now everything's porked, wtf does Oleg think he's doing

There's medication for these disorders folks!

Unknown-Pilot's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by Chadburn:
    And people think Oleg doesn't have a sense of humour.
    Or maybe people desperately want to hang on to the false notion that the 109 couldn't turn.

Anyway, doesn't seem like much change to me. Carguy was right about the elevators at speed, and at lower speeds it's *still* no Spitfire (won't stop people from kvetching about it being ueber though).

That's because the 109 WAS no Spitfire. It has been said that in a 1 v 1 Spit on Biff the outcome is decided by the pilot. So, if you are trying a simple-minded right hand turn thinking you are flying against a P47 or Pos51...well you know the eventuality. Now that SOME MODELS of the Spitfire don't wobble, deliveries of hispano shells into LW noggins is up 50%.

Unknown-Pilot's Avatar Banned
    The psyche of the blinded red-whiner is boggling. The ability to read what isn't there is second to none.

However, they were much closer that you will ever be willing to accept. Fact.

vocatx's Avatar Senior Member
    Chuck_Older

How long has the patch been out?

Two days?

yesterday everyone was all gross and lovey-dovey, ooo Oleg, I wuv youuu, and now everything's porked, wtf does Oleg think he's doing

There's medication for these disorders folks!
    =================================================

Chuck, I have to agree. Less than 36 hours and look at the feeding frenzy start. Like I said in another thread, there is really no way any of us could say absolutely anything is "porked". How many of us have flown a 109, Spit, etc. in combat?

You can read all you want to about what the pilots said a paricular aircraft could or couldn't do against another, but it still comes back to the same question...is it the plane or the pilot. And, exactly how good was this particular pilot. How well was his particular aircraft maintained. How many times had it taken damage in combat, been landed too hard, overstressed, etc. No two aircraft of the same model will be exactly alike, even today, fresh fromt he factory, much less after months in hard combat.

Sure, if there is grossly wrong with the flight model it should be fixed. But this **** about "X aircraft had a top speed of Y mph (kph, whatever) and in PF it's three mph too slow" is getting old. Under what conditions were the original tests done? What was the humidity, temperature, and barometric pressure when the tests were done? How accurate was the ASI? Were the conversions from IAS to TAS done correctly? Was the plane fully combat ready? Was it fully fueled and armed with ammunition? How much armor was installed in the test aircraft?

Point is, there are wayyyy too many variables to be taken into consideration. Oleg and his crew have given us a wonderful sim. I can't believe he reads these threads as much as he seems to, and gives support to a sim that is obviously in it's fading days. I mean, he's already working on a successor and THAT'S where he's going to get the money to eat and keep a roof over his head. He sure isn't going to make it by giving us FREE PATCHES AND AIRCRAFT!!!!

Real life was real life in WWII. This isn't real life. If your favorite ride isn't as good as you think it is (and that is usually very debateable), either live with it, find another favorite ride, or find another tactic that DOES work.

Okay, I'm done. Standing by with my fire extinguisher...

Can anyone explain why the speed at which the 109's elevator stiffness occurs is tied to TAS as opposed to IAS?

Edited by a gentler, kinder Chadburn