http://forums.netwings.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1035

This link takes you to a story of a Japanese-American soldier who fought loyally and bravely for his country in the Second World War. Recommended Reading.

TeaWagon

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow...... what a story...... very sobering.... and that is why we dont use the J word here.
    Unfortunately it does not belong here in ORR so I have moved it to the PF forum..

Originally posted by TeaWagon:
    http://forums.netwings.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1035

This link takes you to a story of a Japanese-American soldier who fought loyally and bravely for his country in the Second World War. Recommended Reading.

TeaWagon
    Interesting read. I believe that he was by no means 'special' in this regard, since there was Germans and Italians as well as other nationalities (their roots originally from ww2 axis states) in allied armies.

His bravery is indeed admirable.

Thanks for the story TW

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks TeaWagon. After reading it my eyes were a bit watery. What a brave and dear man so worthy of the honor.

Thanks for the link, I have immense respect for such people who fight against their own country.

~S~

Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
    Thanks for the link, I have immense respect for such people who fight against their own country.

~S~
    huh? he wasn't fighting against america?

No, but he was Japanese. He moved to America and joined the US military. Later, he flew in B-29's bombing Tokyo. That takes nerve.

Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
    No, but he was Japanese. He moved to America and joined the US military. Later, he flew in B-29's bombing Tokyo. That takes nerve.
    You completely missed the point. That guy was american, but of japanese descent. Not only that, but he was considering himself as american, and wanted to fight for its country. He wanted to do its part as any other american. And he did it, and even beyond its part.

Yet, people like you continue to consider him as a japanese. I think that this guy indeed earned the right to be called an american, much more than anybody born from white americans parents. He had to fight first against racial prejudice to be allowed to fight the ennemies of its country, and then had to continue fighting this racial prejudice after having been to combat.

This is for the "that guy is a japanese" part.

Now, for the "respect for people who fight against their country" part, do you also respect those americans who fighted for japan or germany?

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    Funny thing, being virtually every race in America except for American Indians are immigrants....That well known and all having embraced our nation "supposedly" welcome. Funnier still, whenever racist remarks are made they usually imply some other nationality as we tend to think in terms of continents or countries when thinking of a race.......

Curious how immigrant race Americans hammer on those just like them......Other immigrant race Americans.....Those casting the slur speaking really as though still of some foreign nation.

So who's the real non-American then? The one choosing another nationality over America...

Because in America, we're truly the all world inclusive race and have been for over 200 years

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►