I only upgraded to FB+AEP+PF from FB+AEP two days ago and I noticed something new: an indicator that tells you where to fire the guns. Just wondering: is this new from PF? or one of the patches? And is there a way I can turn it off? Thanks in advance.

I only upgraded to FB+AEP+PF from FB+AEP two days ago and I noticed something new: an indicator that tells you where to fire the guns. Just wondering: is this new from PF? or one of the patches? And is there a way I can turn it off? Thanks in advance.

It's not a gyro gunsight as later p51s have, it's just supposed to be a hint to make things easier on carrier landings. If you play with cockpit off, later patches allow you to use the normal cross.

I also find it useful to help trim my aircraft nice and quickly (ie, when the ball is obscured by my sim-joystick). Once the little circle is centered in the big circle, you're flying straight and level.

Ah so that's it. No wonder I find its advice to be quite bad as a gunsight gyro... Thanks people!