GLHS's Avatar Senior Member
    This is something that I don't get, and I'm wondering if anybody can explain this to me.

Ok, so...everybody knows that Ezio and Alair's Apple aren't the same. I get all that. And I get that it was in Cypris, just not where Altair thought. This is what I don't get.

Altair went to Cypris and was trying to locate Apple 6. The place where he thought it was, or where the Apple showed him or whatever...it wasn't there. He doesn't find it. He comes back with his Apple. in AC2 it's stated that the Templar's found out an artifact was in Cypris from the information they retrieved from the Codex pages. It takes them 2 years, and they come back with it. My question is: how in the hell did they find it through just "looking" when Altair had an apple and couldn't find it? AND on top of that...how did they ever find out from the Codex pages. I just read all of them and there is no mention whatsoever of that Apple being in Cypris. There's a map of the island on one page, and the only other mention of Cypris is when Altair says that he might take it there to keep it safe, but it might be too risky. Even if they thought they were looking for Altair's Apple, and had no idea that it actually wasn't even in Cypris at all, they still just "happened" to stumble upon Apple 6. How could Altair with an Apple not find it, but the Templars snoop around a bit and they find one?

I really hope it's explained somewhere and I'm just missing it, cuz at least then I'll get an answer. Otherwise, I'm gonna be stuck wondering this, and it's really starting to bug me.

*bump* I really wanna know this, people. Not one person has anything to add?

Gil_217's Avatar Senior Member
    Like you mate, since I finished Revelations, I have this exact same question unanswered, so don't worry, you're not alone.

Ha good. Really hoping somebody has some ideas lol.

MasterAssasin84's Avatar Senior Member
    Well as far as i know Altair told darim to spread the word that the apple was hidden in Cyprus to divert the templars attention to the real hiding which turned out to be the Altair's libary in masyaf.

Yeah I know. That was HIS Apple though. I'm talking about Apple 6.

Maybe he didn't have the Apple with him on Cyprus. He also might have only be able to look for a short amount of time. Remember, the Templars spent two years looking for the thing.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    There are 3, possible, explanations, but its all speculation.

1- Altair knew there was another in Cyprus.

OR

2- Coincidentally, there was another Apple in Cyprus.

OR

3- The Templars found out about the Apple from other sources.

Everything is already in the games. We know Altair took his there. But he didn't leave it. We know Altair knew another one was there, cuz he went there to go find and retrieve it. He didn't find it. It says directly in AC2 that they found out about the Apple being in Cypris from the Codex Pages, yet there actually is no mention of it. Even if they assumed Altair left his there, they wouldn't find it cuz it wasn't actually there. It was in Masaf.

What I'm saying, is all of that is already explained. Altair has knowledge in his hand, and says so himself that the Apple showed him it was there. All he would have to do is go pick it up. Yet he couldn't find it. The Templars had no knowledge, no idea where in Cypris to find it, and no other aid in finding its location. Plus no idea that Apple 6 was there. They simple went there, looked around, and came back with it.

Sorry for appearing clueless, as I haven't read the secret crusade or played any of the handheld games, but when does Altair go looking for Apple 6? And why? Did his Apple give him the exact location or just the general vicinity?