How many of us know someone and or have experienced downsizeing, outsourceing , position removed during consolidation, buyout, merger....etc where we or they lost there jobs or had to take lower paying ones, I have been layed off 2 jobs in the last year due to "lack of work" and have watched for the last 5 years as friends and family go through the same ****....so this article is of no surprise to me...but it is still sad to see where we are heading.
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/Advi...notAffordBasics.aspx

S!

fabianfred's Avatar Senior Member
    It is a pure result of GREED.....

As Mahatma ghandi said....there are enough resources on this planet to feed, clothe, and house every person.......but there is not enough to satisfy a single greedy person

MrMojok's Avatar Senior Member
    I got outsourced recently. My last month on the job was supposed to be spent training my replacements.

I quit instead.

Ah, Capitalism.

Isn't it wonderful that market led societies are so fair and equitable?

6 years ago the company I worked for got bought out. I was told on the 23rd of December I no longer had a job Merry Freaking Christmas to me

Originally posted by MrMojok:
    I got outsourced recently. My last month on the job was supposed to be spent training my replacements.

I quit instead.
    that happend to a guy i worked with, they had him train a new guy and he didnt know it was the guy replacing him for half the price

S!

Rjel's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by fabianfred:
    It is a pure result of GREED.....

As Mahatma ghandi said....there are enough resources on this planet to feed, clothe, and house every person.......but there is not enough to satisfy a single greedy person
    So true.The business world has become very short sighted. It's all about taking profits now, screw the future.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Sad...at some point there will be a reversal because the US economy is going to slow so much because consumers who buy the stuff that these companies are outsourcing to (ultimately) won't be able to buy the product. So the companies are going to start hurting too...they really are in the end shooting themselves in the foot.

This is like everything else I've seen recently...short sightedness and the inability to see past ones nose. Many of these companies are focused on short term gains when they really should be working on long term sustainability and profitability (I see it as being worth it to take a hit in a few quarters if the work done during that time puts things in place for better times down the road).

Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    Sad...at some point there will be a reversal because the US economy is going to slow so much because consumers who buy the stuff that these companies are outsourcing to (ultimately) won't be able to buy the product. So the companies are going to start hurting too...they really are in the end shooting themselves in the foot.

This is like everything else I've seen recently...short sightedness and the inability to see past ones nose. Many of these companies are focused on short term gains when they really should be working on long term sustainability and profitability (I see it as being worth it to take a hit in a few quarters if the work done during that time puts things in place for better times down the road).
    ice the long term investments are going else were....india and china are the 2 fastest growing econmy's in the world, whats sad and funny is they are making home's out of shipping containers in california because we are exporting so few items they have stockpiles of these things...ill try to find the link, What we need is a policy of "if it's bought here it's made here".
    heres the link
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...carollloyd.DTL

"these big steel structures now litter the ports of America as mementos of our Asian-trade imbalance."
    S!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    It is only going to get worse.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►