My antique stick may finally have some problem after 10 plus years. Looks like the rudder input is not working fully even when each input is maxed at 100. Any advise?

Same thing occurred to mine years ago....I bought rudder pedals..from Saitek...problem solved...That's a great Joystick...a couple of years later and the rest of the buttons on it started to go as well....Enjoy it as long as you can...mine lasted about ten years.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    Tuner spray all the pots while yer in there.

Question is are you a shopper or a handyman? You can add one of these to build your own controllers without having to know how it handles the computer end. But it requires room and tools not everyone has, especially the free room. IIRC Uther has a stick made from a car universal joint on a welded steel square pipe base with heavy duty pedals and a Bodnar board with 10-bit A/D, 4x the axis resolution of cheap A/D devices. It's not cheap though, you could buy a new Sidewinder for a good bit less! But what Uther has is way beyond what you'll find in most stores.

If you are a shopper then you've bought time to save up and watch for deals on an upgrade. Today's market, prices break.

TheGrunch's Avatar Senior Member
    Even if you're a shopper and tuner spray doesn't help so much or for so long, taking the stick apart and having a good look at the potentiometer for the rudder axis could give you a chance to find a replacement and swap it out, if you're prepared to do a really quick bit of soldering.