View Poll Results: How do you feel about collecting the 100 feathers?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fun!

11 20.75%
  • It is a challenge!

9 16.98%
  • Hard but that is what achievements should be

16 30.19%
  • Lame!

14 26.42%
  • Don't care

3 5.66%
    Honestly I didn't bother with the flags in AC1. Now we have 100 Feathers that are needed for TWO achievements. Even with an external guide this is incredibly tedious!

Who really thinks this a fun gameplay mechanic?

Anoyying, maybe but it seems kind of cool because it makes you explore. I just keep eagle vision on though it makes it easier to see feathers

Not so much the collecting feathers part (although the one that was on the ship was fun to find, haha) but I really liked the scene you get once you collect all the feathers.

The reason they put things such as feathers is so you can see the work the developers put in the city by exploring it.

The missions already do a good job of that.. in fact if they tied an achievement to something game play like, such as completing all the mini missions in all the zones I would be happy.

You can't tell me or convince me that collecting them is fun or game like. Everyone seems to need to rely on a out of game map to find them all.. The only small bit of help in game is a count of how many you have in each area.

An_Idea's Avatar Senior Member
    well i just tried to get them as much as i could free running between missions. when i finished the game i actually got a guide and hunted down the remaining ones. it was kinda more of a challenge making sure i already got one of the feathers before and wasnt just missing it.

Extremely fun and i would never use a guide to find them.

why is it fun you ask?

1# Gives you a reason to actualy look how magnifficent the surroundings are.

2# I always find pleasure in a treasure hunt, i loved finding the secrets in Tombraiders so i love finding feathers in AC2

3# Prolongs game life expectency

as a side note, i think that anyone that doesnt find this activity fun in the games is just to lazy :P

Everyone seems to need to rely on a out of game map to find them all.. The only small bit of help in game is a count of how many you have in each area.
    Thats quite a blunt generalization, i didnt use any external help to get my 100 feathers... nor would i ever wanted to do so.

its cheating and cheatings is for the lazy xD

Well, I think they're a nice challenge! After getting 92 feathers, I decided to resort to a map, as I couldn't find anymore. And I was so desperate to get the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Auditore cape</span>!

The feathers were good fun for people who like exploring and collecting (like me), and much improved over the flags from AC1 (i.e. fewer to collect and actual ingame rewards instead of just achievements).

The only improvement I would have added would be the ability to buy an ingame feather map (maybe one for each area) for a high price (need something to buy with the masses of money) from the art merchants through the game.
    The map could show locations of only the remaining feathers, which would have meant I wouldn't have had to go through every possible feather location to find the last feathers using internet guides.

Originally posted by RobL92123:
    The feathers were good fun for people who like exploring and collecting (like me), and much improved over the flags from AC1 (i.e. fewer to collect and actual ingame rewards instead of just achievements).
    SECONDED!

I was so happy to see that the collectibles in this game actually meant something tangible in game, even if it was only money in the chests, for example...

IMO it's a vast improvement on AC1, where I collected all the flags for the achievements first time through the game and then never bothered with them on subsequent playthroughs.