First off and most importantly : Shaun, Rebecca and Lucy are not able to hear or see Juno but they ARE able to view Minerva through Ezio's eyes. The only things that set Desmond apart abilities-wise from the rest of the gang are Eagle Vision and the Bleeding Effect. So I've come to the conclusion that Dez is able to see and hear Juno outside the animus only because of the bleeding effect. Which brings me to this : Ezio ALSO saw Juno when he went to place the apple in the temple and experienced something similar to what he saw in Minerva's vault. And why isn't Desmond telling the others about his visions? Is this going to have some kind of significance in ACR? Thoughts, people? And forgive me if this observation has already been made by someone.

Well, I think so:
    Everyone could see Minerva through Ezio's eyes via the Animus, though not outside since they all lacked anything close to the sixth sense - Except for Desmond, of course, whose dormant potential was unlocked because of the bleeding effect.

Maybe we could just ask the writers?

"It is done. The way lies before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. Alone"

This is what Juno says after Lucy gets stabbed. What if after the stabbing Lucy can hear Juno as well? Or Juno speaks directly to her? Desmont is in a coma because of Juno so he can't go anywhere, especially alone.

My theory (and other people's as well) is that Lucy is alive, wasn't really stabbed, it was all the apple's work (Altair went through something similar when al mualim stabbed him) and with everyone believing she is dead, she has to go find ... Eve maybe? (judging from subject 16's ramblings). Or maybe she has to unlock the sixth sense herself, just like Desmont probably will.

It may be a silly theory but that's all we can do until ACR

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
    "It is done. The way lies before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. Alone"

This is what Juno says after Lucy gets stabbed. What if after the stabbing Lucy can hear Juno as well? Or Juno speaks directly to her? Desmont is in a coma because of Juno so he can't go anywhere, especially alone.

My theory (and other people's as well) is that Lucy is alive, wasn't really stabbed, it was all the apple's work (Altair went through something similar when al mualim stabbed him) and with everyone believing she is dead, she has to go find ... Eve maybe? (judging from subject 16's ramblings). Or maybe she has to unlock the sixth sense herself, just like Desmont probably will.

Desmond isn't in a coma because of Juno, he's in a coma because of the bleeding effect. Yes, this is a fact. It has been verified by Ubi.
    Anyways to stick to the point, though I like theorizing, with this point in particular, I like to stick with Occam's Razor, sticking with the theory that takes the least assumptions, which in this case means that Desmond did stab Lucy.

i think this will have major effects on assassins creed rev

Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun can't hear Juno because they are not real Assassins unlike Desmond. If another "true" Assassin was present they would of heard Juno as well. The only reason they could hear and see Minerva is because it was transferred onto video.

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:

Desmond isn't in a coma because of Juno, he's in a coma because of the bleeding effect. Yes, this is a fact. It has been verified by Ubi.
    Anyways to stick to the point, though I like theorizing, with this point in particular, I like to stick with Occam's Razor, sticking with the theory that takes the least assumptions, which in this case means that Desmond did stab Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno can't mess with cranial nerves so she had to force it through other means as the guy in this quote pointed out. But In interviews, Ubisoft has stated that doing that to Lucy is what gave him that final push. plus the apple can't put up good illusions against people with eagle vision/sense and they lack the proper nerves to be hypnotized. If Juno could have just put him to sleep, she would have done that-it's the smarter way.

But Juno talks to Desmond through the sixth sense, the only thing that the other lacked. If it was the bleeding effect, it would've been all ghostly white and such. Which is why Ezio is shown separately from Juno when in her temple. You know, when he talks while Ezio is moving around as a phantom doing other stuff. And it's also the thing everyone else int he room lacks.

And IDK,I think you can be a good assassin without Eagle sense/vision, Daniel was good, Lucy kicks butt on occasion. And Desmond is only good because of the bleeding effect...which is how Daniel got better as well, But Paul was cool to.

Actually, it appears that the Apple can create illusions for Desmond's ancestral line. Al Mualim used it to cast illusions of the 9 Templars Alta´r had killed and to create copies of himself. It's unclear if the scenes of the Apple holding Alta´r in place during their fight were the Apple physically holding Alta´r in place or just creating the illusion of holding him in place. It's also not clear if Alta´r was fighting these illusions only in his mind. It also gave Alta´r the illusion of being stabbed by Al Mualim. I think what the Apple couldn't do to Alta´r that it did to everyone else was brainwash him the way everyone in Masyaf had been.

So it's possible that the Apple only showed Desmond the illusion of Shaun and Rebecca being frozen in time and then forcing him to stab Lucy. Al Mualim did say that illusions are all the Apple had ever done during his fight with Alta´r.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by t260z:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:

Anyways to stick to the point, though I like theorizing, with this point in particular, I like to stick with Occam's Razor, sticking with the theory that takes the least assumptions, which in this case means that Desmond did stab Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juno can't mess with cranial nerves so she had to force it through other means as the guy in this quote pointed out. But In interviews, Ubisoft has stated that doing that to Lucy is what gave him that final push. plus the apple can't put up good illusions against people with eagle vision/sense and they lack the proper nerves to be hypnotized. If Juno could have just put him to sleep, she would have done that-it's the smarter way.

But Juno talks to Desmond through the sixth sense, the only thing that the other lacked. If it was the bleeding effect, it would've been all ghostly white and such. Which is why Ezio is shown separately from Juno when in her temple. You know, when he talks while Ezio is moving around as a phantom doing other stuff. And it's also the thing everyone else int he room lacks.

And IDK,I think you can be a good assassin without Eagle sense/vision, Daniel was good, Lucy kicks butt on occasion. And Desmond is only good because of the bleeding effect...which is how Daniel got better as well, But Paul was cool to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There we go with the assumptions again. What Juno said was very cryptic. It could've meant any number of things. Her intentions could very easily be very different from what any of us are expecting.

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
    Actually, it appears that the Apple can create illusions for Desmond's ancestral line. Al Mualim used it to cast illusions of the 9 Templars Alta´r had killed and to create copies of himself. It's unclear if the scenes of the Apple holding Alta´r in place during their fight were the Apple physically holding Alta´r in place or just creating the illusion of holding him in place. It's also not clear if Alta´r was fighting these illusions only in his mind. It also gave Alta´r the illusion of being stabbed by Al Mualim. I think what the Apple couldn't do to Alta´r that it did to everyone else was brainwash him the way everyone in Masyaf had been.

So it's possible that the Apple only showed Desmond the illusion of Shaun and Rebecca being frozen in time and then forcing him to stab Lucy. Al Mualim did say that illusions are all the Apple had ever done during his fight with Alta´r.
    Altair can see through them easily enough with eagle vision as they are all just common red enemies dressed up as old targets and the apple can hold the bodily nerves as shown with both Desmond and Ezio once Rodrigo took the apple away. Al Mualim himself said he tried to mind control Altair, but that it did not work on him. Remember, when he showed it to him in the studies, but admitted to it during the fight? Altair did get stabbed by him to, since he didn't have the apple on hand, like not on his person.

the truth puzzles in AC2 say that people who have the genes of TWCB lack the proper nerves to be controlled. eagle vision is all you need to see through them all. It is knowledge after all, as said by Juno.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►