M2morris's Avatar Senior Member
    In this mission I launched from the Lexington about ten miles west of Okinawa, my F4U1C was packing a 1000 pound bomb. I was sent to attack a convoy of vehicles reported to be heading north on a dirt road north of Itoman.
    As I approached the coast I spotted the town and as I came closer I saw the trail of dust being kicked up by the moving trucks.
    I moved in at 4000 feet with the sun to my back. There was no AAA and the sky was clear and blue.
    Just then; as I was getting set up for my attack, I heard an ominous sound:
    "Honey, can you watch the baby while I take a shower?"
    Then, minutes later, under extreme duress and after nearly blacking out, I found myself alone, and eye-to-eye, with a nasty crappy diaper. My eyes began to water as I shuddered and I could only barely recall hitting the pause button. My poor helpless F4U1C was frozen helplessly, in the blue sky in the room down the hall, frozen in space and time, wondering when it's poor unfortunate butt-wiping pilot would return; if ever, if he did indeed survive at all.
    The bright sun shined from my six(through the window) as I worked as quickly as possible, jigging and jiving, and trying not to gag.
    But I got it done, and I was soon back down the hall and free to resume my mission. I was back at it, my unfrozen F4U1C was flying again and ready to bomb the hell out of something.
    I wiped the sweat from my forehead: "Whew, that was a close call."
    War is hell, virtual war that is.

WAR IS HELL!!!!

But just think about it! In 5 to 10 years from now you'll have your own wingman/woman to do co-op missions with! A wing wingman that listens to all your advice and thinks your the "BEST" Pilot in the world!

A wing man you can use as an excuse for all the forseeable hardware upgrades! You can't let the youth of the 21st century grow up technologically deprived, now can you! Of course they need ADSL-2 for primary school! And a gigabit lan linking the PC's in your house!

Hey if we get 5-10 years out of Bob then the only thing you need to dread is the day they become better at flying than your are!

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    Who will change you....when the fear of air combat strikes!

not to sure i can handle the diapers at 46 now, but kid will eventually marry off or worse and then back to whahhh and gaga goo goo stuff, just dont let them play with the joysticks...

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm not to fond of babies, everyone I've touched has pee'd ,pooped, or thrown up on me

Originally posted by slo_1_2_3:
    I'm not to fond of babies, everyone I've touched has pee'd ,pooped, or thrown up on me
    So thats why your a boy Scout?

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    Huh? I don't get it.

horseback's Avatar Senior Member
    What a wuss.

It's your child you're talking about here, in need of an absolutely necessary cleaning and diaper change that cannot be put off. I did it for my younger siblings, nieces, nephews, girlfriends' kids and then my own sons without squeamishness, and you can be a real man and do it too (and then wash your hands thoroughly). Wait 'til he cuts himself badly or breaks a bone--are you going to take care of business first, and wait 'til he's safe before you get all squishy, or are you going to fumble the ball?

How you take care of your kids determines how they will treat you; 50 years from now, that baby will be changing YOUR diaper, or picking out the retirement home where you will live out your 'Golden Years.' What if he picks the one without broadband access? He may not consciously remember that chronic case of diaper rash, but are you willing to take that chance?

Corsairs are rugged. They can handle any amount of hovering in 'Pause.' Real life is more fragile, and it doesn't have a 'Pause' key.

cheers

horseback