Wat is that with that reticul ?

I saw some screenshot from tempest

And it looks like that the aiming device of the tempest is painted directly on the front window

You cant see glas begind that reticul like in bf 109
    wats the story

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    The reticles are not painted on the glass, they are reflected off it. In early versions of the reflector sight, the reflector was part of the sight but in some late war aicraft the reticle was projected straight onto the cockpit armoured windshield. IIRC there are one or two flyable aircraft already in the game that work the same way.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Sintubin:
    Wat is that with that reticul ?

I saw some screenshot from tempest

And it looks like that the aiming device of the tempest is painted directly on the front window

You cant see glas begind that reticul like in bf 109
    wats the story
    The Tempest's gunsight is similar to the Corsairs. It projects onto a large screen or in this case the windscreen itself. This is yet another reason why the Tempest was quite a well designed aircraft...the gunsight was incredibly unobstructive to the pilots view.

This was not initially standard in the Typhoon but late model Typhoons also got this modification.

I'm pretty sure the meteor also had the gunsight projected directly onto the canopy as well.

jepp, and you onley needed to bullseye to hit, no need to care about where the guns were placed.

ALSO! damn i love her! its the best plane in the game now! the speed, guns and armor is what i have hoped for, thank you oleg!

FluffyDucks's Avatar Banned
    It hasn't been released yet....

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by FluffyDucks:
    It hasn't been released yet....
    It's clearly visible in the screenies posted on the Pacfic-Fighters Site homepage.

yes it has, a litle. though the spitfire is a bit fast i think... but the great thing is that tempest outspeed La-7!