Hi all,
    here is my first attempt at a movie. It's a movie showing some missions of an Italian unit equipped of Ju.87 Stuka ("Picchiatello" for the Italians) that fought in North Africa in 1941.

Length about 10 min, size about 48 MB.

I could not get a truly smooth playing with my rigging (though all work was done at 1/2 speed), the initial "hazy" sequences were the most critical, but I decided to go on because it was useful in order to get some experience.

Now I have some experience and I know that a ten-minutes video needs tens of hours of hard work, so I don't know if I'll make another so soon

The movie can be downloaded at Savefile:

http://www.savefile.com/files/4180145

I tried to upload to Netwings but the file was not accepted because it was found to be the wrong file type "application/zip" (actually it is a plain .zip file - I cannot guess what can be wrong, maybe someone who as posted his movie to Netwings might give a hint)

I'll appreciate your feedback about this movie.
    Thanks to all those in this forum who gave advice!

Cheers
    Maraz

Hi all,
    here is my first attempt at a movie. It's a movie showing some missions of an Italian unit equipped of Ju.87 Stuka ("Picchiatello" for the Italians) that fought in North Africa in 1941.

Length about 10 min, size about 48 MB.

I could not get a truly smooth playing with my rigging (though all work was done at 1/2 speed), the initial "hazy" sequences were the most critical, but I decided to go on because it was useful in order to get some experience.

Now I have some experience and I know that a ten-minutes video needs tens of hours of hard work, so I don't know if I'll make another so soon

The movie can be downloaded at Savefile:

http://www.savefile.com/files/4180145

I tried to upload to Netwings but the file was not accepted because it was found to be the wrong file type "application/zip" (actually it is a plain .zip file - I cannot guess what can be wrong, maybe someone who as posted his movie to Netwings might give a hint)

I'll appreciate your feedback about this movie.
    Thanks to all those in this forum who gave advice!

Cheers
    Maraz

I was reported that savefile.com seems to respond slowly and needs several attempts to actually start the download. But the movie is there, please keep trying !

Sorry for that...

Maraz

Hi Maraz,

Just tried to download but the server it is on is "under repair"...i will try again later

Maonty-Dan

310th Falcon's Avatar Senior Member
    S` Maraz

You have done your homework. The video was clean and lag free.
    I enjoy it and again great job for your first movie.
    Looking forward to see future movies from you.

Best Regards

Fileserver under maintenance for the next hour
    Please try to download the file again in an hour

Sorry about all the problems this might cause you

Regards,
    Savefile Support

310th Falcon's Avatar Senior Member
    S! Maraz

http://www.netwings.org/pages/defaul...age=upload.htm

Important! Read this before submitting files.
    Preparing the files

* All files must be included in one zip file.
    * Files must be for or related to MS Combat Flight Simulator 2, 3, IL2 Sturmovik or FS2002.
    * All files must contain a plain text (.txt file extension, not MS word) document with:
    1. Your name and E-mail adress
    2. Copyright statement if needed
    3. A brief description of the file contents
    4. Installation instructions if needed

Additional Files
    You will need a number of additional files to support the upload process.

1. A plain text as above without the Installation instructions
    2. A small thumbnail picture (optional) to appear on the library page

Copyrights:
    Please do not upload anything that is not your own work, or files that contain material copyrighted by others. Always ask the original authors consent before modifying files. Files containing copyrighted material without a document explaing the original authors consent will not be posted.
    File types and names
    Only .zip or .ZIP file extensions will work. All other filetypes are automatically deleted.

Use only alphanumerical charachters, and no spaces, instead you should use _ (underscore). Please note that filenames may be altered by Netwings before posting.

If you wish to submit a self-extracting .exe file, please pack this into a zip file along with a plain text document explainingwhat the file is and what the installer will do.
    When uploading files, you agree that Netwings may post it in the file library for public download, and that the material is freeware and is your own and does not violate any copyrights.

Page 2
    http://www.netwings.org/files/pages/libraryupload.asp

Thank you for wanting to submit files to the Netwings File Library. Your contribution is much appreciated.
    There are a number of rules that you need to follow to make things easier for everyone

* Please do not use spaces in file names
    * The main download file should be in zip format and have an extension of .zip
    * The Text description file should be in notepad format, contain no HTML and have the extension .txt
    * The image file is optional and should be either a .jpg or a .gif
    * The image file should be 80 pixels in height and 120 pixels in width
    * Avoid using characters in file names or resource descriptions that are not legal in directory paths
    * Make sure you include your name and email in the text description file. We would like to give you the credit!

We aim to process submissions within 24 hours but sometimes real life gets in the way so please be patient.

Try again Maraz

Best Regards

Thanks for your feedback, Falcon!

About the Netwings rules for uploading, I read them and I double checked everything, my file is a plain .zip file but the software says it is "application/zip" and refuses it, LOL!

I wrote to the webmaster and on their forum but nothing happened yet.

Maraz

That was very nice Maraz. I've seen some great shots. Especialy the ones where Ju's attack ship. The angles looked like taken from some kind of chronical movie Nice job. Only thing I would suggest is using better sound and music quality. I don't know what kind of input bitrate your music had, but it was definately too low.

You're right syd, they were old WAV files from the game "Steel Panthers World at War", each WAV file was around 10 Megs, so they were bad quality. They were also distorted so I had to low-pass filter them. But I liked the music

Any source for good soundtracks around?

Maraz