tigertalon's Avatar Senior Member
    Been flying Me262 a lot last times and I find it interesting, that I don't even use gunsight view anymore unless I am sniping on unsuspecting targets at large distances. Non-gunsight view offers much better view around and forward.

The aiming point is perfectly in the centre of windscreen and it is really easy to learn to shoot without gunsight at all. It allows HUGE deflection shooting (almost like WW) and it somehow makes up for Fw bar .

Anyone else does this? Share opinion...

(BTW, is gunsight in 262 modelled correctly? It seems very low compared to normal view. Again!)

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    No, but I'll try it and see. The new 'view' on the 262's so much better than the old one, didn't occur to me not to swich to gunsight though, force of habit. Last of the unoriginal thinkers.

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Did they change view in Me 262? I thought they never changed those kind of things.

JtD's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't use it. But then I don't use it's gun either. Or the engines. Or the airframe. I pretty much don't use the 262 at all.

I don't, either.
    It becomes killing machine without gunsight view but the problem is no server allow Me-262.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    I gave it a go. Much easier to judge a shot. I even drew a little aiming point on my monitor screen with a magic marker which is either cheating or a cunning field modification.

There's a gun emplacement the Germans tacked onto Elizabeth Castle on Jersey overlooking St. Helier. Some gunner drew an exact copy of the vista from the gun slit along the adjacent wall - every little house along the promenade in perfect detail, with range and elevation marks. I always think of an expensive Zeiss sight in a box gathering dust somewhere when I see this work of art. Ploughman's magic marker post just reminded me of this and I thought I'd share it...

You don't happen to have a photo of that, would you Low_Flyer? Though I guess I can drag myself to see it by my own eyes one of these days...

Now if that isn't a true cultural heritage site I dunno what is

No photo unfortunately - all the times I've been there and never took one

I'll try and find a piccie on the net tonight - if you're ever passing that way, it's certainly worth a look. It's just there, no fuss or info' board. May well have been restored at some point - it's in good nick. The guy that did it had some talent.

HuninMunin's Avatar Senior Member
    The 262 has a gunsight?