Blind2Society's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm starting this thread for information, comments and speculation as to what the world of AC will be like when it is finally revealed to us. So far pretty much everything hass been hidden from us.

From what we have seen (which is very little) the outside world seems placid andno different to the world in which we live. Looking out the window at Abstergo doesn't give us much but also doesn't show any signs of a crazy world. Also when Exploring Monteriggioni at night the world seems placid and the city in the distance seems normal.

Those seems to be the only real times we get any sort of info as to what is going on around us at the time. Other than that the only thing I can think of that would factor in is that the assassin's and templars had big fire fight in what seems to be the middle of the city and no cops came snooping. Maybe revolution or something of the like is going on.

Also once we do get to see the outside world it very well could be falling into chaos. Many people could be fearing the end of the world (as an interpretaion of The Mayan prophecy) and others such as scientist may have predicted a solar flare that would seriously cripple human civization and the planet. There are many posibilities and I am interested to hear what everyone elses theories are.

One thing I do hope is that Ubisoft makes a damn good CG scene of the solar system and the sun in AC3. Space is the most wonderful thing a human being will ever have the pleasure of gazing upon so I seriously hope Ubisoft does it right.

There's a bunch of emails Desmond can read at the end of AC1. Some have news about world events. I think there was one that said most of Africa's population had been wiped out by a virus and another mentioned American refugees fleeing across the Mexican border.

Yes your right, I forgot about those. That adds another layer. I cannot wait to exit the animus and see what's going on.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    I can't see the world being any differen't from what we have right now, except that we know that there has been increased natural disasters in parts of the world.

There is no real reason why it would be too differen't, the Assassin Vs. Templar war is a secret one so the general public doesn't know of the two factions existence.

I couldn't see the templars opening up into a massive gunfight in public as if someone was caught it could reveal Abstergo and what they do. Though after the satellite launch anything is possible to happen because the Templars will know it is too late for anyone to stop them and know longer need public support. And the Assassin's also won't care if the order becomes known as they know what the bigger picture is and the world as they know is in danger.

In AC3 I can definetly see a car chase which involves Desmond in a motorcycle, as he says in AC1 that he couldn't get enough of them.

I could imagine AC3 maybe opening up like you said with a view of space but being narrated by one of the Capitoline Triad (Minerva, Juno and Jupiter) and talk about TWCB, their history and what's happening now with Desmond.

Like I said the possibilities are endless come 21st December 2012 in AC time. With the Solar flare, the satellite launch and the Assassin Vs. Templar war becoming not so much of a secret.

EDIT: forgot about what was happening in America in AC, if there is anything major happening there it should be interesting, but I believe Abstergo was responsible for the virus in Africa.

I don't see the war between the templars and assassin as what would change the world but more what you said. A massive increase in gigantic natural disasters would most certaily have a noticable impact on human civilization.

Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    I couldn't see the templars opening up into a massive gunfight in public
    They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason)

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
    I don't see the war between the templars and assassin as what would change the world but more what you said. A massive increase in gigantic natural disasters would most certaily have a noticable impact on human civilization.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that not inside the Abstergo Facility?

I suppose but I don't know how far inside the facility it would have been. Seems to me it would be quite close to the door. Security isn't usually too far from the entrance.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    They already did when the assassins tried to get Desmond back (if that was even the real reason) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that not inside the Abstergo Facility? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah, that wasn't in public.
    As for the people fearing the 2012 prophecy stuff, I doubt it. They wouldn't do so in our world (or at least over 99% wouldn't), so I doubt they would, unless they actually saw anything coming, which I doubt they would, because the solar flame thing was news to them and Abstergo's actions are hidden from the public.

Originally posted by Blind2Society:
    I suppose but I don't know how far inside the facility it would have been. Seems to me it would be quite close to the door. Security isn't usually too far from the entrance.
    Yeah that was pretty much why I didn't say in public. The templars as powerful as they are could've just labelled it as a terrorist attack and people would've believed them, that if people knew of the gunfight.

But I don't think they would ever plan a full gunfight in the public for everyone to see, it could stop their plans completly if it was traced back to them.

That is true I don't think Abstergo would want to but it could work in the favor of the assassin's to try and expose Abstergo/Templars. Just a thought.

Anyway the outside world, can't wait to see it. This is quite possibly the most intriguing part of AC for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►