Sorry if this has been discussed before.

At the moment in FB/PF we have a very simplified bail out precedure and "sequence", and i was wondering what the chances are that in BoB this might be rectified.

It obviously doesnt affect the gameplay that much, but it does look kind of strange that now, when you bail from a plane, the pilot just floats thru the plane. He can be killed by a nearby explosion, or shot, but isnt affected by the falling aircraft.

Perhaps in BoB it would be possible to make it so the pilot can be killed by his aircraft. this would also force people to be more careful when bailing out (if they have the time to!)

Also, how about having it so it isnt just one command to bail? how about having a key to unclip the harness, open the canopy (which we have already for some Aircraft), actually bail out, and then deploy the chute.
    would be a nice little touch, and add a little extra danger to getting shot down.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    Yeah, and I want to do some wingwalking before I actually leave the ship.

This came up a year ago and the replies were interesting. Personally, yes I want to at least open the canopy, put my ship into the proper attitude so I don't hit the tailplane, and leap out with a First Person view.

Give me a .45 to shoot at other parachutists and it will be nirvana.

I totally agree. I remember back when I used to play European Air War, bailing out was no sure bet. IIRC EAW had the posibility of hitting part of the aircraft, chute failing to open,and not being able to get out due to high G forces. It made ditching the aircraft the best bet if possible. Sure would be cool to see something similar in BoB (or PF )

It obviously doesnt affect the gameplay that much, but it does look kind of strange that now, when you bail from a plane, the pilot just floats thru the plane. He can be killed by a nearby explosion, or shot, but isnt affected by the falling aircraft.
    i feel you all.

"...In BoB we will try to use a bit different technology and and for each nation we plan to put diferent helmets (better to say basic models of pilots inside the plane and bailed out with animation)..."

Quote from Oleg's reply to my e-mail about pilots in FB/PF.

Aaron_GT's Avatar Senior Member
    One of the immersive touches from Janes WW2F was the fact that canopies could get jammed. Some planes should also be rather harder to bail from, and be virtually impossible to bail from at high speed unless the canopy is already open (hence the tendency for some Soviet pilots to fly with the canopy open).

Aaron_GT's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, and I want to do some wingwalking before I actually leave the ship.
    Can we get Oleg to model a Boeing Stearman and the Utterly Butterly Fliers as an Easter Egg in BoB?

Yes pleas!!! let me pull my cord than I can free fall out of combat...these are all good, jumping should always be the last option, and never easy

First person view with the sound of rushing wind.

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    When did BoB switch to a bail-out simulation?

Honestly, unless everything else was already wrapped up tight, I really don't think this is a worthwhile investment of effort.