Ru1986's Avatar Senior Member
    A worrying qustion popped into my head last night as a watched the latest updated videos about ACB last nighton you tube and that is, will ACB be a solely online game as in it has to be played online?? I understand that to get the multiplayer part of the game this must be done online, however i could not careless about playing AC with my mates to be honest so long as i can spend another few months going through an amazing storyline discovering noew stuff about Rome and generally enjoying the sigle player mode i will be a happy fella cant wait for November

Azugo's Avatar Senior Member
    There'll be a single-player campaign, at least 15 hours long.

deathgrim666's Avatar Senior Member
    yeah 10-15 hour sp.

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by deathgrim666:
    yeah 10-15 hour sp.
    That's if you choose only to play through the main storyline, it's 22 hours+ at 100%

O right thats good thanks guys. Also will you be able to play as each of the assassins (ezio's recruits) in the sigle player mode or will you have to be Ezio and only able to use them in Multiplayer mode?

If you can play as each of the other assassins too that would be interesting to see how they make that work. So i spose that brings me round to another question does anyone know how that will work?

Also will ACB carry the same Database set up that AC2 had full of factual and topical information because Rome has lots to discover (a shaun Hastings if you like)??

One more to add, Will you be able to do the city build up mode (like in the Villa in AC2) in Rome in Sigle player mode or can you only do all this if you play multiplayer option?

too early to tell if u can do other assassins and again too early to know about the database.

Thats cool deathgrim666 thought it might be. Presumabley (spelt wrong i know) its too early to tell about my question re the build up option in Rome?

too early lol

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Ru1986:
    O right thats good thanks guys. Also will you be able to play as each of the assassins (ezio's recruits) in the sigle player mode or will you have to be Ezio and only able to use them in Multiplayer mode?
    You will be able to upgrade them and choose their abilities but not actually play as them, you can direct them during combat but their AI does the rest.

<span class="ev_code_RED">PSM3: how do you go about recruiting followers?</span>

VP: It's systemic. We wanted to dress it and justify it. We wanted it to be a portal for saving lost souls.

PP: As you take away the power of the Borgia in Rome, you increase your own power. That enables you to have a bigger guild. There are people that are fighting the Borgia in the world, and you go there, fight with them, and they see you and ask you to join the guild. Once there, you are able to send them on assassinations that happen elsewhere in Europe. you won't actually be able to play these assassinations, but players are going to be able to read the story about what happens. you also get paid buy the guild and can use it to acquire new skills.
    During each mission there are assassins in the shadows and they are available on call - you use the 'L1' button for context sensitive commands. say you're in a fight, and you need help, you can have the best fighter come to your aid by tapping 'L1'.

VP: We wanted to avoid having to micromanage. There are RPG elements, but it needs to be contextual.

PP: It starts with strategy (where you upgrade characters before each mission) then once you're in the game it's more about how you react. You could use assassins to set a trap and use distrations to to access a target - like provoking a fight while you walk around undetected. They'll have access to ranged weapons, smoke bombs - all the tools you have.

Also will ACB carry the same Database set up that AC2 had full of factual and topical information because Rome has lots to discover (a shaun Hastings if you like)??
    You can expect AC:B to have a similar setup but nothing has been confirmed.

One more to add, Will you be able to do the city build up mode (like in the Villa in AC2) in Rome in Sigle player mode or can you only do all this if you play multiplayer option?
    The renovation of Rome is based within the SP and has no relevance to the MP> Each district of Rome is controlled by the Templars and once you regain control of a district you can renovate it. Doing this gives you hideouts and other bonuses. You'll just have to be patient to find out more

All this is covered in other threads, you just have to look for it

Thanks for all your info Robson19822009 really really helpful as always my friend . So the sending other assassins off round Europe is a thrilling idea if you could unlock all the cities aswell that would be epic but i think they have probably improved enough in this game for now as you say i just need to be patient lol its not easy though. Also this sending allies off to do missions around europe is not only a multiplayer thing is it you can do this in sigle player mode too right?

Maybe in AC3 we will be able to join our fellow asassins on their missions around the whole of Europe