russ.nl's Avatar Senior Member
    I got this from the 1.JaVA site. It was originaly posted on SimHQ.

It is a survey from Ubi about SoW though they don't say so. Looking at the questions it seems they do read some of the topics posted here.

Pretty strange that they didn't post this on there own forum. Or have I missed it?

Originally posted by russ.nl:

Pretty strange that they didn't post this on there own forum. Or have I missed it?
    Probably not.

If you read between the lines of some of the questions, you'll notice they would like to know wich way to steer the development of BoB

Yes I noticed that too. But that makes me think that this survey is not just from Ubi. Or does Ubi have that much power over de development of a game, this game?

Some question suck. When they ask what you want in SoW and give you surten options. I want it all

After page 3....."the survey has been deactivated."

Originally posted by russ.nl:
    Yes I noticed that too. But that makes me think that this survey is not just from Ubi. Or does Ubi have that much power over de development of a game, this game?

Some question suck. When they ask what you want in SoW and give you surten options. I want it all

Or if they gave you the option to list in order of preference. Several places they let you choose three options out of a list of seven. In other questions when there were certain things you felt were as important as other options in the question you could only choose one of the answers.

So instead of flying historically accurate missions you have the latest whiz bang graphics and engine, which would preclude the option of a good campaign. All three are important, but the way the question is presented you get only one or the other, which may cause development in a way that won't be satisfactory or be what the sim has the potential to be.

"Quote"
    So instead of flying historically accurate missions you have the latest whiz bang graphics and engine, which would preclude the option of a good campaign. All three are important, but the way the question is presented you get only one or the other, which may cause development in a way that won't be satisfactory or be what the sim has the potential to be.
    "quote"

Yep I didn't like that question either. Indeed it needs all three, it were 3 right?. But I had to make a choice so I went for new engine. I thought that you can always make it as realistic as possible for your self and it will be possible to make campains so. Oh well we will see. I hope Ubi publicly presents the results.

That's how I answered to russ, but the way the questionaire narrowed down to get to that question I hope they'll realize all the options are important. I'd hate to have a beaytiful looking game with a poor campaign mode or inferior AI.

I'm hoping their definition of a new engine is all encompassing and not limieted to purty Spits and 109s.

I'm sure Oleg won't over look any aspect of the sim, but if UBI's driving the horse then the cart must follow.... if you know what I mean.

I DID like the question of a delux version. Sounds interesting.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    I filled it out, got my discount code, and then tried to order SH4. Coupon invalid. Typical.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    BTW, if you have trouble using your code, talk to customer service, they can fix you up, it just takes a while to get through to them.