RedToo's Avatar Senior Member
    Title says it all. Just had to do a format and re-install of XP. I was using 8.8. Is there a better one? Or should I stck with 8.8?

Thanks,

RedToo.

Title says it all. Just had to do a format and re-install of XP. I was using 8.8. Is there a better one? Or should I stck with 8.8?

Thanks,

RedToo.

If those CATs were working fine for you, then there really isn't any reason to try anything newer.

ATI has dropped most support for the old DX9 cards. The last driver that they list for the X1950 are the CAT 9.11s

http://support.amd.com/us/gpud....1.3.13&lang=English

DrHerb's Avatar Senior Member
    They say that CAT 7.11 were the best for IL2, but Ive been using 8.11's due to some issues with a flak mod, and they seem to do very well.

Thanks guys.

RedToo.

TheGrunch's Avatar Senior Member
    I think it was 9.5 that I had the best luck with.

Thanks Grunch,

With 8.11 at the moment but I'll bear them in mind.

RedToo.

7.11- for my RAD X1950 XTX (PCI-E) is the best choiche for me even after I've tested all version supported later.

AMD 6.400+ X2
    4GB RAM CORSAIR

i have windows 7 and use the 10.2...is that the reason i can't get perfect?

Also it wont run in Open Gl only Directx...Anybody have any sources for these older drivers and catalysts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MosDef2006:
    i have windows 7 and use the 10.2...is that the reason i can't get perfect?

Also it wont run in Open Gl only Directx...Anybody have any sources for these older drivers and catalysts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you open a new thread to troubleshoot your problem, but you cannot get perfect mode because you must be in OpenGL to use it. Start a new thread, describe exactly what happens when you use openGL, give you dxdiag report and your conf.ini and we should be able to fix this for you.