Here's my favorite authors (Some have multiple series)

*Illona Andrews
    *Kelley Armstrong
    *Patricia Briggs
    *Karen Chance
    *Laurell K. Hamilton
    *Kim Harrison

Laurell K. Hamilton has her books coming out as comics through Marvel.

Suniez's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice list, Miss Valkyrie!

I've always been a huge fan of romance novels, but I'm more of a historic romance novel fan. I've read a couple paranormal ones, but I haven't been able to find a series that I loved yet. I'll be sure to check out some on your list. The Borders is closing close to me, so good time for me to stock up!

Valkyrie FD's Avatar Senior Member
    I love historical romance novels as well, that's what I read for years. Trust me, try these especially my top 3!

I have read most of those authors myself, Baby.

I like Patrica Briggs Mercy Thompson series and I just started the women of the otherworld series by Kelly Armstrong, and have read 3 or 4 of the Anita Blake's by Laura Hamilton.

However, I am not much for series follwing the SAME character as I am about these changing and intertwining main characters in these titles I listed, or the first person perspective like the this first book in the Women of the Otherworld. I like them all, they just don't fit into these I have listed as well.

In fact the other authors you listed I just Googled and all seem to have the same character theme. I guess I just found what floats your boat haha. I will check them out! Thanks for the suggestions, I am always looking for books!

I am still thinking of making other list like tween paranormal and fantasy series. I have a lot of these that I love too, but they are all different ballparks.

For instance anyone read the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey? Even guys might get into these books. They are a blend of fantasy, romance, spy/espionage, etc. Really I can't categorize them it has a bit of everything, although it's usually listed under Fantasy Literature due to the made up world they live in.

They are fing amazing though!

Spectra_FD's Avatar Frag Doll Emeritus
    I have never read a romance novel but after reading this blog...I think I might.

Amy, what is your favorite out of all of these. Which one would be good to start with for a noob like me?

You recommend and I'll read it.

Originally posted by Spectra_FD:
    I have never read a romance novel but after reading this blog...I think I might.

Amy, what is your favorite out of all of these. Which one would be good to start with for a noob like me?

You recommend and I'll read it.
    The number one on my list (Black Dagger Brotherhood) is my favorite of all. But it's probably the most "adult" series of all and it goes into some crazy stuff.

Not that it's a sex book- the plot, story and characters are all amazing. It's just the sex themes most certainly push the limits in the entire series especially the further you get into them.

But the first book won't seem as crazy as the others and is also my favorite. The men in this series are over the top "male" which is what I love about it. I have to have anything in this series the day it comes out, I am so addicted.

If this sounds iffy for you do the immortals after dark series. The women are strong and kick some ***!

Love the list, Amy!!! I really need to get back into reading. I really liked Anne Rice books for fiction. I'll give your list a try one of these days when school text books don't rule my life. Haha

Originally posted by PMS_RockGoddess:
    Love the list, Amy!!! I really need to get back into reading. I really liked Anne Rice books for fiction. I'll give your list a try one of these days when school text books don't rule my life. Haha
    I am a big fan of Anne Rice's as well. Her Mayfair Witch series is UNBElIEVABLE, as were the first couple books in her vampire series (Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat) although they teetered downward after that.

Seriously though, if you haven't read that witch series its a MUST!

If y

Tell you the truth I was going to back when I was in high school, but never did get around to it. She had two books out in '97 that looked really interesting, but I will eventually get around to it. The book I read by Anne Rice was Servant Of The Bones, which was pretty interesting. I tried Dean Koontz, but didn't really like him at all. Later just stuck with V.C. Andrews and R.L. Stein's Goosebumps, but lately V.C. Andrews keeps her stories too similar to each other, which shies me away.

I love the movie Interview With A Vampire! Love books on witches and Vampires.

Originally posted by PMS_RockGoddess:
    Tell you the truth I was going to back when I was in high school, but never did get around to it. She had two books out in '97 that looked really interesting, but I will eventually get around to it. The book I read by Anne Rice was Servant Of The Bones, which was pretty interesting. I tried Dean Koontz, but didn't really like him at all. Later just stuck with V.C. Andrews and R.L. Stein's Goosebumps, but lately V.C. Andrews keeps her stories too similar to each other, which shies me away.

I love the movie Interview With A Vampire! Love books on witches and Vampires.
    Yea I liked some of VC Andrews stuff too and I hear what you mean about the repetition with later books. Always the same incest/abuse theme, but I loved Flowers in the Attic.

These are all younger reading, I bet you will like my tween list when I make it. there are a lot of good teen paranormal series out there like Twilight, House of Night, Mortal Instruments, etc. =P