Hey Guys,
    Take a look at this, they already made a radial version, now the D9. IT's in german, so many of you need to translate it.

TX-Bomblast
    White 6

http://www.flugwerk.com/diary.shtm

Hey Guys,
    Take a look at this, they already made a radial version, now the D9. IT's in german, so many of you need to translate it.

TX-Bomblast
    White 6

http://www.flugwerk.com/diary.shtm

robban75's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for the link Bomblast!

This D-9 will be an amazing sight! I wonder how much HP the Allison engine will put out though?

Will the Allison be mounted inverted like the Jumo ? I think the Allison produces close to 1770 HP. It will be awesome to see a D9 flying with its older Anton brother. Imagine two of those swarming over Duxford bouncing a Mustang and Spitfire pairing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameisroland:
    Will the Allison be mounted inverted like the Jumo ? I think the Allison produces close to 1770 HP. It will be awesome to see a D9 flying with its older Anton brother. Imagine two of those swarming over Duxford bouncing a Mustang and Spitfire pairing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will be placed inverted, as they mention that a special down-swept exhaust system will be made. I really hope they don't alter the shape of the cowling.

And yes, tha Anton and Dora would be an excellent sight. But I really don't think they will be allowed to bounce Mustangs and Spitfires. It will probably be the other way around though.

Kocur_'s Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robban75:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mynameisroland:
    Will the Allison be mounted inverted like the Jumo ? I think the Allison produces close to 1770 HP. It will be awesome to see a D9 flying with its older Anton brother. Imagine two of those swarming over Duxford bouncing a Mustang and Spitfire pairing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will be placed inverted, as they mention that a special down-swept exhaust system will be made. I really hope they don't alter the shape of the cowling.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wont! If you look lower you will find that they produced brand new reduction gear, both to bring prop axis lower and create space for coolant/oil radiator.

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    Must.win.the.lottery.

stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robban75:

And yes, tha Anton and Dora would be an excellent sight. But I really don't think they will be allowed to bounce Mustangs and Spitfires. It will probably be the other way around though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And more historical

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:

And yes, tha Anton and Dora would be an excellent sight. But I really don't think they will be allowed to bounce Mustangs and Spitfires. It will probably be the other way around though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And more historical </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, not that it didn't happen the other way around from time to time.