Is there a weak point in a specific place that is on all the ships e.g. the engine room. because i found that if you hit by the stern if gets him good . as well do ships always break there backs because mine have never slipped smoothly under.

Yes the ships all have weak points...there's a mod out called MerchVuln get it at u-boot.realsimulation.com the weak points will show up in the ship recognition manual under the corresponding vessel you are targeting. You have to get to less than 1000m range for this to work. A good shot where a torpedo explodes under the keel of the ship will almost always break her into pieces..if you're not seeing ships slowly go under then you are probably hitting critical parts of a ship. Larger vessels take more torps in most cases to sink.

Regards,

lecek's Avatar Senior Member
    You don't need that mod to see the weakspots.

They show up in stock game if you are less then 1000 meters and at his 90+/-15. Your auto targeting realism setting must be set. If you are on manual they don't show up.

Originally posted by lecek:
    You don't need that mod to see the weakspots.

They show up in stock game if you are less then 1000 meters and at his 90+/-15. Your auto targeting realism setting must be set. If you are on manual they don't show up.
    what he said is just alright

as in I agree with them.