I remember somebody posting information about a neat little utility (can't remember who) that you could launch which would disable selected services. Services that were not necessary to the running of IL-2. The program would disable services that you selected, then after your gaming session was over the program would re-enable the services that were previously disabled.
    I have done a search on the fourms but just can't find the original posting. Could someone tell me what the proggy is...?
    I have quite a few services running that are essential for my Windows environment, but not my gaming environment.

Cheers in advance.
    Scrag

I remember somebody posting information about a neat little utility (can't remember who) that you could launch which would disable selected services. Services that were not necessary to the running of IL-2. The program would disable services that you selected, then after your gaming session was over the program would re-enable the services that were previously disabled.
    I have done a search on the fourms but just can't find the original posting. Could someone tell me what the proggy is...?
    I have quite a few services running that are essential for my Windows environment, but not my gaming environment.

Cheers in advance.
    Scrag

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scragbat:

Cheers in advance.
    Scrag <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant recall ever seeing such utility...sounds nifty though. In the mean time you can view this page http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm it will help you in determining what services you need running. Im down to about 18 services on bootup.

you mean the prog called "EndItAll"???

Nifty wee thing. I'm sure if you do a google you'll find it.

Thanks for the info chaps, that's just what I was looking for

Sorry for posting here BTW, just realised I should have put this in 'Community Help'

I use "End It All"... I picked it up ages ago so I could free up little ram and get Grand Prix Legends to work a little better on my then marginal system. I still use it, even though I really don't need to. There's a newer version out.

http://home.ptd.net/~don5408/toolbox/enditall/

Oops... I guess it's not free anymore.

FS Auto Start

Still playing with it, I'm struggling a bit with it.

Thanks for the link T_O_A_D

That sounds exactly what I am looking for. EndItAll does the job nicely of ending selected services but doesn't restart them for you.

The link to the program you supplied sounds the business. Not only will it end the services you specify but it will restart them for you too. If I'm reading it correctly it sounds like it will also launch other selected applications for you too, such as Teamspeak and Teamspeak Display before launching the IL-2.

I'm about to download it (at work) but won't be able to try it for two days (I'm away).

Cheers T_O_A_D
    Nice one

FS Auto Start is working great for me.. EXCEPT when you get a bigtime lockup.... then it's hit the CTRL/ALT/DELETE and shut the game down with the task mgr.. When I kill the game with the task mgr, the FSAuto-start restarts everything it has shut down.

Haven't had to "hard-boot" out of anything with it on yet. I use it for the old IL2, FB, and and the old DYNAMIX Starsiege game. Starsiege really doesn't need it on this machine, but it keeps me form having to shut down all the cr@p I've already got running.