View Poll Results: Do you want Silent Hunter 6 to come?

Voters
315. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

200 63.49%
  • Yes (Only if without DRM)

86 27.30%
  • No

29 9.21%
    drago11172010's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Foehammer-1 Go to original post
    No. Well, they can release it, but I won't buy it. Like I didn't buy V
    Only to show up and the guys from the subsim will take him to be all right.As well as sh5

drago11172010's Avatar Junior Member
    This game is a notion in its genre and always I'll buy whatever it is.

Sh6

Aqui está uma ótima oportunidade de melhorar e pegar todo conhecimento de todos SH e criar um jogo sem bugs com melhor qualidade gráficas e muito mais opções como MODs. Certamente o jogo renderia muito e alongo prazo
    senti falta das alcateias no SH5 , porem ainda noa terminei as missões.

Silent Hunter 6

I do hope they make a Silent Hunter 6, but I hope they do something they've never done before and bring it to councils. I would very much like to see it on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

no - please not for console

Originally Posted by x7.62mmUpUrAce Go to original post
    I do hope they make a Silent Hunter 6, but I hope they do something they've never done before and bring it to councils. I would very much like to see it on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    No.....they would have to dumb the game down way to much to be on console. Op....look down at your keyboard, see how many buttons are on that thing? Its allot right? Your console controller only got 10-12 buttons. Console is no place for a true sim style game.
     1 people found this helpful

silent hunter

Thay took away silent 5 when thay started silent hunter online.I beleve silent hunter 3 was the best.I what to find the ships using radar.I what to whacht the sub rock back and forth when a dept charge go off near it.I what to tell my crew what to do.

I would happy if they will make SH6, but i doubt. More realistic? Look the SH4 Uboat mission, SH5 (without mods) and online. Do you think, that was realistic? I don't think so ubisoft knows what is realitic at this time. In my opinion we can hope in more realistic mods only.

Yes, BUT a much improved release please for the love of ALL that is holy Thanks.!!

Can agree with several that posted... NO to a release on phones... and the same goes for console release, such as PS3/4 whatever version they have out now... I gave up keeping up since 4...much less Xbox or any other game console... PC only... and not web browser based... that was a novel idea, that should have had more development into it BEFORE it was released... I did enjoy the ability with online of being able to join up with others to sink shipping...

That said, there were several great ideas put out there for a much better improved release of the line... ability to use other subs, ships... make it where you can decide which side of the fight to be on... axis or allied, and under or on the sea... that would be grand... with the online version, the ability to join others would be great as well... with all of those, it would make for a exciting release... As it goes for DRM, would be alright with it, as long as they release updates as needed for any issues that would crop up, as well as allow for mods to be used, too.

Hopefully they pay attention to the gamers/players/sim-er's.... If not, then I would have to join the pack & say no to it... but only if they ignore the recommendations/suggestions.

Any way, that is my opinion... or as they say, my .02 cents worth, for what it's worth...

It's a gr8 game, i find it complex, especially with subsim mods,, but it sure is a downer when you have problems with the DRM blues. Yes, uplay sure need too catch up with customer support, those DRM blues really want to make you scream "blue murder"! In fact i am having one of those DRM blues again ( SH5 & FarCry3 have disappeared from uplay console)) and with gods help, Uplay will come to my rescue.. Here's hoping.

SH7 - Simulation back on track

Hy uboat commanders!

There has be a plenty of discussion here about a new SH-part. What the SH5 left as a taste in many mouthes is the nice idea of walking through the boat and a great graphic. There were a lot of troubles with the controlling that we can say it was a step back. Ubisoft underestimated the run of the gamers on the servers and overestimated the pirate ideology in the games scene. So they distrusted their own customers twice ant SHV went mainly into a pice of sh...elfware!
    So the modding scene has shown what could be done in LSH or GWX.

These are the facts. I think lessens were learned and Ubisoft tried a minor risk with SHVI as a handy game for smartphones - as interesting and useless as the hybrid of DungonKeeper in example.

Dear Ubisoft managing directors! Please think about a revitalisation of Silent Hunter up to VII as Uboat Type VII. It's your job to earn money, the fan's community is willing to pay for the game once and after this want to be able to play. We expect not the big expensive impact just the courage to mmix the best you allready have got and a bit of creativity:

- a graphicly updated SHIII engine
    - with the possibility to walk from the front to the aft torpedoroom and communicate with the crew
    - a single big red button to hurry back to the centralroom with the SHIII interface to controll the hole boat from a single station.
    - the beloved crew management system with an avaible autopilot (signing the controlling of the watches simply to the 1WO)
    - we need interresting targets of single fast driving freighters, small coast convoys, habor traffic, an uneasy to sink collier in ballast arround the British isle and the big convoys for our multiplayer sessions.

Why not the typical small Puffers, the Thames sailing barge, the sailing barks and ships and from the coal habours towards the southern gas works? They were ugly in their pure functional design but not easy to see these “flatirons“? Hiding against the coast line with their flat superstructure to pass under the town's bridges even when high tide they were intersting targets.

When you came in to the central why not mentioning this crouse succsesses by the white “Wimpel“s showing the tonnage and a typ's silhouette?

Why not minelaying jobs on the coastline and into habour entrances? The commanders hated those riskfull operations as the didn't brought any direct effect. But the tonnage effect could be added later. You were ordered to a mining operation in Dec.'39 and several cruisings later you suddenly add unexpectly 4,767BRT for a “frighter sunk by your mine“ on you kill list.
    What about points for the very often “hit but not sunk“ situations? The dockyards were blocked by repairing instead of building new ships and he grain aboard went wet and salty - so this has had its real effect. Why we can't meet these wounded ships on their way to the shipyard as an not so easy pray as a tug and several patrol craft are assisting to avoid a further Tonnage-Wimpel.
    And my personal favorite: “hunting the hunter“ acting with the order to sink warships for a red Wimple!
    For the far east we had SHIV uboat missions so let's do it again!
    Nearly the hole technology was similar to the one used in the Great War 14-18 the Typ VII was close developed to the UB-III type of WW1 so you may transfer the setting into the first world war without ASDIC and avoiding colliding with the silly German law forbidding swasticas in games. But by his suddenly headsets will be more important to us gamers as hydrophones on both sides were a (if not the!) key succsess factor.

As you see there is a plenty of possibilitys for you to go, from the old sidewheel tug to the Zaunkönig accustic torpedo. Give to the gamers a possibility to add an individual “Maling“ (turret logo) by importing in cote of arms as a jpg. A simple Monogram made in MS paint will be enough for the most of us - the more precepted can do more than a bit more.

I could bring in hundred of more ideas but for now it's enough. By the way my bureau is beside the factorybuilding of the former Schwartzkopff torpedo division near Friedrichstraße It s exactly where the 175,000 single parts formed the famous G-Torpedos. The letter G stood for “Geradeauslaufkörper“
    meening nothing else than a straight running body.

Please think about the WW1 option there were a plenty of documentations all over the world so using this wave to surfe on might be perfect. So the setting set into 1914-18 and the help of the modders scene by an open door code will bring the Silent Hunter back on track and succsess back to ubisofts belovedest game series!!!

Greetings from Berlin/Germany,
    Christian
     1 people found this helpful