Seeker Mines (Cluster Mines) are a Problem

So I've noticed this since TU5 and wanted to make sure that I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing.

People who are building for Explosive Damage and speccing out for super powerful cluster mines are a little too powerful right now. They are literally dominating all the content in the game. For instance I was in a Challenge mission this morning where a player with the cluster mines basically wiped the level. At the end, when I looked at the stats, that player did more damage and had more kills than the other 3 of us combined. This player literally soloed the 4 player version of a Challenge mission almost entirely by himself. If this was the first time it had happened, that would be one thing, but this happens daily.

So I would hope that this specific skill get's changed. Some of the possible changes that I would like to see follow:

1) Reduce the amount of damage each cluster mine does. While I can see the explosive mine being able to do enough damage to kill a single target, the cluster mines should not be able to one shot veteran and elite enemies.

2) Reduce the speed at which the cluster mine can be deployed. If you want to let players toss out 8 mines that can one shot enemies, fine, but it shouldn't be able to happen every 10 seconds.

3) Reduce the number of mines available. I think it starts at 3 mines (?) but I think people can get up to 10 mines to launch (?). Do we really need/want people one shotting 9 to 10 elite enemies from behind cover with cluster mines?

This kind of build, while fun for the person using it, makes the game very unfun for those who aren't. I've been able to walk through a challenge stronghold without firing a shot because there were 2 people specced out for explosive damage using cluster mines. Where's the fun in that?

And sure, I could put together my own OP cluster mine build, but, at least for me, it's comes across as a super boring build where you don't even have to play the game anymore, you just drop mines and walk through the content.

Anyway, just my thoughts on this specific issue I've been seeing since TU5.
     3 people found this helpful

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    annnnd here we go again. Why not just revive one of the other 25 posts on this from which you were an active participant?
     24 people found this helpful

LubzinNJ's Avatar Senior Member
    You know I haven't seen this topic raised yet, thank you for pointing out what is potentially a problem.

Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post
    So I've noticed this since TU5 and wanted to make sure that I was actually seeing what I thought I was seeing.

People who are building for Explosive Damage and speccing out for super powerful cluster mines are a little too powerful right now. They are literally dominating all the content in the game. For instance I was in a Challenge mission this morning where a player with the cluster mines basically wiped the level. At the end, when I looked at the stats, that player did more damage and had more kills than the other 3 of us combined. This player literally soloed the 4 player version of a Challenge mission almost entirely by himself. If this was the first time it had happened, that would be one thing, but this happens daily.

So I would hope that this specific skill get's changed. Some of the possible changes that I would like to see follow:

1) Reduce the amount of damage each cluster mine does. While I can see the explosive mine being able to do enough damage to kill a single target, the cluster mines should not be able to one shot veteran and elite enemies.

2) Reduce the speed at which the cluster mine can be deployed. If you want to let players toss out 8 mines that can one shot enemies, fine, but it shouldn't be able to happen every 10 seconds.

3) Reduce the number of mines available. I think it starts at 3 mines (?) but I think people can get up to 10 mines to launch (?). Do we really need/want people one shotting 9 to 10 elite enemies from behind cover with cluster mines?

This kind of build, while fun for the person using it, makes the game very unfun for those who aren't. I've been able to walk through a challenge stronghold without firing a shot because there were 2 people specced out for explosive damage using cluster mines. Where's the fun in that?

And sure, I could put together my own OP cluster mine build, but, at least for me, it's comes across as a super boring build where you don't even have to play the game anymore, you just drop mines and walk through the content.

I love my seeker build, it’s quite literally the laziest way to play the content.
     7 people found this helpful

OP specifies clusters, so feels justified in making a new thread on a discussion that has taken place many times already. SMH
     4 people found this helpful

Riflemania's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't say this, i have only just started building one and ain't even thrown a seeker yet, still messing with the stats

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    fact is we can all play the game the way we see fit. Nobody i play with complains about the seekers, if they did i just wouldnt play with them. Not sure why that is such a huge issue the other way around. If you dont like playing with skill builds, dont play with them. There are many of you out there who dislike the clusters, which is totally fine, you find it lazy, boring, etc. I find it the exact opposite, i wasnt playing the game very much or at all when it guns, guns and more guns. Why should we suffer because now that you are on the other end of it? That one is easy, we shouldnt. We dealt with the pew pew meta for 4-5 months. Yall have dealt with clusters for what, 3 weeks now? maybe a month. Holla at me in December and maybe ill be ready for a change by then.
     9 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by DarkKnight27us Go to original post

None of the above. They just need to look at how the BTSU gloves are interacting with Seekers, nothing more. When you say that x should not be able to one shot y you need to justify why a,b,c,d.... can but Seeker must not be able to do that. As to it not being fun for you, you now have a little taste of what it felt like for nearly five months as a skill build watching ar/rifle/lmg builds tearing the place up with ease. The difference here as that skill builds were never asking for gun builds to be nerfed, only for skills to be buffed.

Yes, you can go and build a Seeker/Bomber build and do exactly the same. The choice is yours, naturally, but as a choice, at least it exists.
     12 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    annnnd here we go again. Why not just revive one of the other 25 posts on this from which you were an active participant?
    Because I wanted to start a new thread about this.

Originally Posted by MajorPotato. Go to original post
    OP specifies clusters, so feels justified in making a new thread on a discussion that has taken place many times already. SMH
    Because it's a specific issue I've seen and experienced problems with and I've offered some potential solutions to help balance the problematic skill out.

If you don't think it's a problem, why? If you think the solutions I've proposed are too much, or not enough, what would your suggestion be to fix this?

Merphee's Avatar Senior Member
    *points to Destructive*

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... Last ►►