direwolf2496's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    Nothing wrong with that.
    So then when your precious eb doesn't drop for you you can accuse ubi/massive of a grudge against you over the 7 other people in the raid?

Or we put 8 eb's in the end crate and guarantee the 5 keys drop and then eb becomes just another assault rifle because every tom **** and harry has one or two so its nothing special anymore?

Both are the inevitable outcomes of a fixed loot system.

In all honesty the rng is perfect as it is. The problem lies in the recalibration station as many of you have mentioned and i fully agree with that issue.

But as far as i have read since the raid landed is fix the rng and this is down to people expecting the eb to drop for them every time. [Redacted] fact is you can't always get what you want everytime you open that crate. Its like life. It isn't supposed to be easy.

If you are WT5 they devs could remove anything below 500gs, it's still random but with a lot less numbers in the bag. Random is random and no matter how random it is, it's sure to favour certain numbers because it's how random works.

I just made a small RNG on a spread sheet between numbers 1-49 using the =randbetween formula

In 49 random generations the numbers that appeared most are between 30 and 38. Next try it'll be different numbers.

I think random can be minimised but not fixed because random cannot be broken because it doesn't follow a strict suite of commands.

Originally Posted by Dyslexic-Snail Go to original post
    I think random can be minimised but not fixed because random cannot be broken because it doesn't work or follow a strict suite of commands.
    Even removing everything below gs500 that is still the same number. Bear in mind that every item has upto 3 talents and 1-5 stats. For each stat there is a spread lets say +1000 -+50,000 armour just an example, thats 49,000 different items on that stat alone, add +.5% - +15% awd thats another 29 items working in .5% increments so just off 2 stats without accounting for other talents thats 49,029 possible of just 1 particular item. I am not a math guy so i don't have the skill to work out the possible combinations and have any rough estimate. So even with just wt5 items it is an almost infinite loot pool.

The smallest loot pool is levels 1-10 as alot of them lack a large spread of stats but that number is still in the hundreds of thousands.

Originally Posted by direwolf2496 Go to original post
    Even removing everything below gs500 that is still the same number. Bear in mind that every item has upto 3 talents and 1-5 stats. For each stat there is a spread lets say +1000 -+50,000 armour just an example, thats 49,000 different items on that stat alone, add +.5% - +15% awd thats another 29 items working in .5% increments so just off 2 stats without accounting for other talents thats 49,029 possible of just 1 particular item. I am not a math guy so i don't have the skill to work out the possible combinations and have any rough estimate. So even with just wt5 items it is an almost infinite loot pool.

The smallest loot pool is levels 1-10 as alot of them lack a large spread of stats but that number is still in the hundreds of thousands.
    In WT5 I am still getting 495gs items, so if they took out 495gs to 499gs this has to lower the amount of items by quite a few. There will still be thousands of combinations of RNG but it will be a lot less that it was.

Originally Posted by Dyslexic-Snail Go to original post
    In WT5 I am still getting 495gs items, so if they took out 495gs to 499gs this has to lower the amount of items by quite a few. There will still be thousands of combinations of RNG but it will be a lot less that it was.
    Not necessarily, bear in mind that some gs490-499 may only be a .5% difference in stats. Occasionally they are the same stats as another piece just a different brand. Even with them removed the loot pool is still an astronomical number.

The only true way to narrow that pool is to start removing whole items from the pool. I.e. remove all petrov holsters, all gila guard chests, all mg5's. Because the sheer volume of possible stat combinations is too great to just exclude by gear score. Even with just gs500 a +armour chest could have tens of thousands of drops with a 1 point difference.

I respect what you are saying and can see the logic but i believe that would make as much difference to the loot pool as a teardrop in the ocean.
     1 people found this helpful

This thread wasn't made to be argumentative and my replies are not worded to appear condescending.

But with so many screaming for the rng to be fixed things need to be looked at in context and pointed out that for them to get the drop they want with every drop then the whole system would have to be stripped back to the bare minimum of items and it would no longer be a viable game to play.

As already mentioned, the problem could be easily fixed, for me at least, if I could change two talens/attributes on a gear piece with various attributes such as the vest. Would be much easier than reworking the entiere RNG system, I suppopse.

Originally Posted by rosch15 Go to original post
    As already mentioned, the problem could be easily fixed, for me at least, if I could change two talens/attributes on a gear piece with various attributes such as the vest. Would be much easier than reworking the entiere RNG system, I suppopse.
    I agree with that wholeheartedly, remove the cap and the 1 roll limitation.

But those crying about the rng are after one specific gun and fail to appreciate the sheer magnitude of the loot pool. They don't want the rng fixed they want a specific item to be a 100% drop rate for every person on every raid.

I admit i was lucky and got it on my first raid completion but that was a 1 in an infinite number of chance. But you can't alter random without sacrifice.

Originally Posted by direwolf2496 Go to original post
    How can you "fix" random?
    There is no fix for something that is based on a random sequence, You can't control something that has no regulated process, because there is no pattern.

Here is an example, if you are interested: "Analysing Humanly Generated Random Number Sequences: A Pattern-Based Approach", source: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0041531

Besides from my scientific answer, in a gaming forum, there should be improvements to make the experience more pleasant, But I also think that this is impossible because The Division 2 is already on track. The only way to change or "fix" that is to cheat random. Officially (developed) of course.

Generally I like the high end sets, the Jack of all trades, I did not have such powerful and diverse sets in The Division, but there should be more structure, this would make things a lot easier.