DDOS on console

So last night I was in a game with my friend on xbox one , and he gets a message from a member of the enemy team saying 'DDOS'. all of our team then experienced huuuuge lag, with our pings going to over 10,000 before the game crashed for everyone and we were kicked out.

I would post the guys name but I know that pointing out a toxic hacker is not allowed by Ubi on these forums for whatever reason.

My question though, is how is this possible on console?

And does it not say alot about peoples non existent fear of the repercussions if a player will send a message beforehand letting us know he is hacking?

I love siege. But the community is absolute ***
     2 people found this helpful

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Best thing I can suggest - don't play ranked until this crap with ddos is fixed.

Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Best thing I can suggest - don't play ranked until this crap with ddos is fixed.
    It's not getting Fixed Ubisoft said so

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    If thats the case, siege is dead on console then.
     1 people found this helpful

I must be pretty ignorant when it comes to hacking, but i genuinely thought this was the type of thing you would only come across on PC

The fact that the guy told us beforehand made me want to throw my copy of siege under a bus lol

Originally Posted by ZOFIA36 Go to original post
    I must be pretty ignorant when it comes to hacking, but i genuinely thought this was the type of thing you would only come across on PC

The fact that the guy told us beforehand made me want to throw my copy of siege under a bus lol
    Sorry but I hate this term hacking when itís not even hacking any script kiddy can do this is it a forum off cheating yes it is but no itís not hacking man lame as scripted kiddyís think thay big bad hackers wouldnít know whare to start and the truth is there is no fix for this or unless siege and Microsoft change something drastically

Canít be fixed without going it to details as I donít want this to go wide spread but itís a design flaw with the Xbox live service itís self that allows this to happen and itís not just siege thatís offected itís all Xbox games

Originally Posted by Kenny324410 Go to original post
    Canít be fixed without going it to details as I donít want this to go wide spread but itís a design flaw with the Xbox live service itís self that allows this to happen and itís not just siege thatís offected itís all Xbox games
    This is the only game that has this issue and I haven't came across it anywhere else.
    Now I'm sure in games that do not have dedicated servers you could pull the IPs of players
    The same issue is on PS4 aswell

Originally Posted by Kenny324410 Go to original post
    Can’t be fixed without going it to details as I don’t want this to go wide spread but it’s a design flaw with the Xbox live service it’s self that allows this to happen and it’s not just siege that’s offected it’s all Xbox games
    I can understand that I may primarly be a issue with xbox more then Ubisoft. But its magnified 10x on Siege and other games don't come close to having it happen this consistently. So why is that

This is the only game that has this issue and I haven't came across it anywhere else.
    Now I'm sure in games that do not have dedicated servers you could pull the IPs of players
    The same issue is on PS4 aswell
    Ufc has the same problem itís to do with voice chat itís per to per run the Xbox though a pc before the internet witch in turn will desplay all iPs in lobby