jmart83's Avatar Senior Member
    Unfortunately, shot registration is ruining shotgun life right now.
     1 people found this helpful

Tip for using premeditated with a pump shotgun. In betweeen battles donít reload & leave at least 1 round in Mag, When ready to start another fight Reload first, that way 4 rounds get +35%, during fight let run empty to get +50%
    Running this shotgun with Berserk & depleted armor NPCs drop. Itís fun to shoot them low and knock their legs out from under em, direct to chest sends em flying backwards.
     1 people found this helpful

DZ-Black-Tusk's Avatar Member
    Wow man, that's cool.

Is that base damage? The highest Shotgun damage rolls I get is around 135k to 165k. I generally don't use Shotguns so I sell them. I might have to start using them to experience something different. I rarely get a Shotgun damage roll on any of my gear peices, which for now is fine because I don't use them.

It has offensive mods on it, like Weapons Damage and Shotgun Damage.

I have (3) 5% Shotgun Damage, and (3) 4% Shotgun Damage

Originally Posted by Dyslexic-Snail Go to original post
    Is that base damage? The highest Shotgun damage rolls I get is around 135k to 165k. I generally don't use Shotguns so I sell them. I might have to start using them to experience something different. I rarely get a Shotgun damage roll on any of my gear peices, which for now is fine because I don't use them.
    You can get damage that high when premeditated is active or if you have gear with A LOT of red slots and good mods for them. But then you have paper armor.

Originally Posted by Dyslexic-Snail Go to original post
    Itís the base stat after Attributes and other damage mods.

armor 209437 Health 122704
    No paper here jmart83

Originally Posted by NvTwist74 Go to original post
    It’s the base stat after Attributes and other damage mods.

No paper here jmart83
    What does your Sweet Dreams show as damage in that build? Mine seems to be locked at 250k now and I now have M870s that are doing a lot more damage than that (not as much as yours, I be jealous). Seems wrong for an exotic shotgun to be doing less damage than other shotguns.

Itís the base stat after Attributes and other damage mods.

No paper here jmart83
    Anything less than 300k armor is most definitely paper.

I did some experimenting and the absolute highest I can get my 870 is 308k. If I had a max damage roll it would be at 310. However, my armor and health would be 314k and 128k respectively (304k armor normalized). That's a little lower than I'd like so I can ramp it down to 296k to get to 332k (regular and normalized). But my original build has compensated so even though the tooltip says 266k or so, it actually hits for 292k plus I have 389k armor and 92k health. I also have a different chest piece where I can sacrifice 30k armor, gain 10k health, and also get bloodsucker.

And bloodsucker is great with shotguns. Of course, berserk is nice too.

Tip for using premeditated with a pump shotgun. In betweeen battles donít reload & leave at least 1 round in Mag, When ready to start another fight Reload first, that way 4 rounds get +35%, during fight let run empty to get +50%
    Running this shotgun with Berserk & depleted armor NPCs drop. Itís fun to shoot them low and knock their legs out from under em, direct to chest sends em flying backwards.

I'm getting near your damage, I'm just looking for a holster with two offensive mods.