Ubi-QuB3's Avatar Community Manager

Story Creator Mode Update: August 8

Hey everyone,

we'll be deploying a Story Creator Mode Update tomorrow (August 8) during a scheduled maintenance starting at 9am EDT | 3pm CEST.

Story Creator mode downtime: 30 minutes

Please find the changes with the update below.

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS

Story Creator

• New Features:
      • Inventory Starter: You can now start a Quest when a specified Quest Item has been collected by the player’s character.
      • Inventory Objective: When picking up the specified Quest Item, the Objective will complete and you will be able to progress further into the Quest.

Story Creator Mode Website:

• New Feature:
      • Collections: Users can now create and manage Collections of their favorite Stories.
        (Available from August 12)

BUGS FIXES

Story Creator

• Fixed: Missing Edit button of the NPC found inside a Talk Starter/Objective;
    • Fixed: Missing warning message when validating a Behavior without a NPC selected on Microsoft Edge;
    • Fixed: Right-click contextual menu on Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge;
    • Fixed: UI and functionality issues with Microsoft Edge;
    • Fixed: Removed a NPC travel destination in the Aegean Sea, southeast of the Nisyros Island;
    • Fixed: Missing archetypes on some Generic NPCs;
    • Fixed: Sorting issue when deselecting a Generic NPC from the list of chosen Generic NPCs;
    • Fixed: Multiple typos in different areas of the Story Creator;
    • Improvement: Optimized the loading of the map when setting a Starting Location.
    • Improvement: Clearer message when deleting a Published Story from a Draft.
     6 people found this helpful

Three possible additions:

1.) Providing a quest item TO a NPC.
    2.) When given away the quest is removed from the PC inventory.
    3.) Being able to determine when quest items are added/removed from PC inventory.

Please clear the inventory of quest items when playing story mode, l already have 50+ quest items...

But thanx for this, at least now I can use my quest items properly

Please make it possible to get a Quest Item (QI) after a conversation with a NPC

It would be awesome to be able to play around with what QI you can get depending on choices you make during the conversation ,which could have consequences later on in a story

Originally Posted by Danny_Janssen Go to original post
    Please make it possible to get a Quest Item (QI) after a conversation with a NPC

It would be awesome to be able to play around with what QI you can get depending on choices you make during the conversation ,which could have consequences later on in a story
    You can use variables for that.

But be able to get item in conversation could be useful.

Originally Posted by Danny_Janssen Go to original post

We have planned this feature in a future update of the Story Creator Mode. Although, we cannot give a release date, since we want to have appropriate testing before deploying such a feature.

Kind Regards.

This creator tool is getting REAL GOOD, with like every update. I'm so happy to see it.

That's great news to hear that update is in the works. I too have an inventory stocked for armageddon that i can't remove.
    There must be some busy bees at Ubisoft testing and working on these ideas.
    Thanks @PinkHusky433 for that update.

Nice update for the management of collection objects.

Very good work guys !

Thank you.

Is there also going to be a way to stage boss fights? If I put enemies on elite they are a bit tankier, but I'd like to see bosses with a lot of health who are harder to take down. None the less, the SCM is becoming more versitile with every update, awesome work.

P.s. also a nice addition: once an enemy is beaten, make it able to speak to him and spare of kill him through conversation. Would pair nicely with the bossfight-thing I just mentioned