Thread: Am I the only one who likes the new light system better than the previous one? | Forums

I liked like when you were in the yellow section you never knew if you were "Toatly lit up" or "only somewhat lit up". It kind of added a bit more suspense than knowing excatly how much in the light you were in. Anyone with me ?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-------------------------
    Best Splinter cell line:
    Enrica:Let me get on top of you.
    Sam:What?
    Enrica: so I can place the relay.

I liked like when you were in the yellow section you never knew if you were "Toatly lit up" or "only somewhat lit up". It kind of added a bit more suspense than knowing excatly how much in the light you were in. Anyone with me ?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

-------------------------
    Best Splinter cell line:
    Enrica:Let me get on top of you.
    Sam:What?
    Enrica: so I can place the relay.

Disagree strongly. If it's yellow they WILL see you. Sometimes even if theirs a wall between you. Plus now you cant tell when your leaving concealment because the shadowing/concealment is so arbritary.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

No. Taking out the light meter removed some of the suspense in the game. Before, you could wonder whether or not the guy coming towards you will see you or not. Now, with the light indicator, you already know whether or not the guy will see you.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.
    Sam: Listen, Moose--
    Moss: It's Moss! Get it right or pay the price.
    Happy Christmahanukkwanzatetmadan!

FARLEYFAN's Avatar Banned
    To answer your question, yes you are the only one. I hate it, it is like you aren't seen one second, and if you move so much as an inch they can see you. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    " Drink apple juice because O.J will kill you. TEE HEE :&gt;"

sumwut i agree, i think there shud b another color, green ur insivisble, orange the person is like "wuts that...." and yellow is completelly visible so the guy is like "INTRUDER!"

ras29's Avatar Senior Member
    I've got a better idea - PUT THE FREAKIN STEALTH BAR BACK IN. Maybe not the sound bar - made things too easy.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

^^^ My really bad Gamercard. Don't worry, it'll get better soon (I hope). As I only have 2 Xbox 360 games, I don't have much chance to get many achievements, and since I have a Silver Membership, no one can raise my rep. I'm SO ALONE!!!!

Yes.

Because you can be spotted even when the light is green (mostly in the JBA missions).

And then in a lot of levels, its nearly always yellow (but that's more of a game design issue than the meter itself).

im afraid it looks like your the only one.

I preferred the light meter, I even liked the sound meter and would hope for its return as I thought it was not used to its full potential in CT. Perhaps they can make them continually equipped gadgets that you can unlock early in the next game.

But also I wouldn???t mind if they try to explain the story behind the new light meter a little. Like it could be a two-way radio tuned to the enemies frequencies with some nice features like an automatic backlight, voice detection (instead of press to talk), and a built in alarm system. In the wrong hands (Sam???s) these features could be tuned to respectively make a improvised light meter (back light turns on or off), sound meter (screen changes to from green to yellow when local noise passes threshold level), and presence detention meter (red when an alarm is triggered by a enemies two-way radio). Its improvised nature could be explained be the fact Sam started DA in prison or in similar humble beginnings in the next game. Actually in the prison mission I read a Email That said a couple of walky-talkies had gone missing so maybe this was a story element that was watered over and otherwise forgotten about like so many others in this game (it would make sense to if wasn???t for the darn Geothermal plant at the beginning).