mezzatron's Avatar Senior Member
    Aces and Eights is awesome!

One of the biggest problems with the game as i can tell is that the devs misplaced their balls. They are doing this weird cater to specific groups yet hate them at the same time thing. They can't stick to a vision of the game and execute, so we get this flip-flop jack fest.

People complained about gear sets in Div 1 and wished for stronger HE pieces. Well now we have worthless gear sets, and 90% of players just use HE. So instead of them sticking to the old system and revamping their HE approach, they neutered the whole system and made everything pretty much prefab. They made most talents in D1 useless for most situations or builds, so now we have a new talent system that just feels awful. Considering all these awful changes were designed to make the game more balanced, the irony of PVP being a dumpster fire and the raid requiring a very specific stat investment is not lost on me.

I am in favor of raid specific loot to be honest. although I would say that the game should have something between raids and heroic.... um like i don't know.... INCURSIONS. which should contain gear that is better designed for the raid specifically. Basically raids would be tied to incursions like bounties are to heroic bounties. To open the raid you need to beat 2 incursions or something. That would also be how you get the gear sets. Then the raid would have the blue prints, exotic, additional chances for gearsets, and maybe throw in some unique mods to give it more grind potential.

I just fear that it is too late for the game now, and the outlook for more real content past the rather boring looking episodes is bleak.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    Eagler bearer is a good throphy, the gear sets are not a good throphy when their intention is to be grinded to be used in the raid, how do you grind them? by beating the raid. It bothers me to no end how the devs pointed out that same thing in the first game with also gear sets and incursions but are doing again this time with raids but are being elitistics about it
    What inv_dalerium said, you don't need to complete the raid. Can just beat boss 1-3 at your leisure every week.

It's never too late for the game tbh but the developers are digging a hole considering how they refuse to make any concessions. The whole matchmaking debacle where they said "here's your matchmaking as we "promised", it will just be on a lower difficulty and you won't get anything that would have interested you in the first place so play by our rules or you won't get anything" is just sad.

Makes me feel uneasy about having next raids where i'll have to use third party sites/applications in order to access new gear sets.

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MutantCowboy x Go to original post
    One of the biggest problems with the game as i can tell is that the devs misplaced their balls. They are doing this weird cater to specific groups yet hate them at the same time thing. They can't stick to a vision of the game and execute, so we get this flip-flop jack fest.

People complained about gear sets in Div 1 and wished for stronger HE pieces. Well now we have worthless gear sets, and 90% of players just use HE. So instead of them sticking to the old system and revamping their HE approach, they neutered the whole system and made everything pretty much prefab. They made most talents in D1 useless for most situations or builds, so now we have a new talent system that just feels awful. Considering all these awful changes were designed to make the game more balanced, the irony of PVP being a dumpster fire and the raid requiring a very specific stat investment is not lost on me.

I am in favor of raid specific loot to be honest. although I would say that the game should have something between raids and heroic.... um like i don't know.... INCURSIONS. which should contain gear that is better designed for the raid specifically. Basically raids would be tied to incursions like bounties are to heroic bounties. To open the raid you need to beat 2 incursions or something. That would also be how you get the gear sets. Then the raid would have the blue prints, exotic, additional chances for gearsets, and maybe throw in some unique mods to give it more grind potential.

I just fear that it is too late for the game now, and the outlook for more real content past the rather boring looking episodes is bleak.
    They have always catered to oneside. It was just usually driven by YouTubers.

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Representative
    Eagler bearer is a strong exotic, that is hard to get, i have no problem with being a exclusive reward for completing the current normal version of the raid, and it's intention is being that. The gear sets are meant to be used in the raid, most of them are somewhat weak but have the intention of buffing the whole team instead and you only get these items that should improve your raid experience, if you already showed off that you don't need them.
    I see it as sort of in the same spirit as why you don't typically get gear way above your level in the level 1-30 phase on the game. Better gear - gear more in line with your character quality and skill - drops as you do harder and harder content.

Especially considering that Aces & Eights seems to be the only in-meta set of the three for the Raid right now, and the entire Raid can be completed without it.

But, that said, I will ask: with content that so heavily emphasizes squad composition and teamwork, where else could the Raid sets drop that would be as justified?

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Visualsun Go to original post
    What inv_dalerium said, you don't need to complete the raid. Can just beat boss 1-3 at your leisure every week.
    Can't do that with no matchmaking and ingame tools as using inviting from chat was a broken mess that never worked. Besides killing hte smae 3 bosses instead of 4 bosses every week for random loot isn't called grinding?

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    I see it as sort of in the same spirit as why you don't typically get gear way above your level in the level 1-30 phase on the game. Better gear - gear more in line with your character quality and skill - drops as you do harder and harder content.

Especially considering that Aces & Eights seems to be the only in-meta set of the three for the Raid right now, and the entire Raid can be completed without it.

But, that said, I will ask: with content that so heavily emphasizes squad composition and teamwork, where else could the Raid sets drop that would be as justified?
    Heroics dificulty content, weekly projects, ODZ, the new discovery mode ,500gs items are not a good reward if it means that my 494 vest is still better, so saying that gear score is bigger without a meaningful reason to be bigger just makes the 500 reward promisse for heroic useless, i hope you understand that my biggest gripe is that you reward raid players with items for the raid when most of them are not considered good and they just proved they don't need those same items IF the intention of those items are meant to be grinded to help players do the raid? then why it's offered only in the raid that most players don't have proper access to without matchmaking.

If the point of discovery mode is to players to build towards the raid but gives loot people already pointed out is just artifially rare (guaranteed 500gs), but at the same time the reward for the regular raid is gear to build towards the raid, isn't then the intentions backwards?
     2 people found this helpful

YodaMan 3D's Avatar Senior Member
    Can't do that with no matchmaking and ingame tools as using inviting from chat was a broken mess that never worked. Besides killing hte smae 3 bosses instead of 4 bosses every week for random loot isn't called grinding?
    That is why MM was too important to leave out of the Raid, but there are other ways to work around it. What system are you on?

Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    Invasion Missions were the hardest content before the RAID then again if these RAID Gear Sets dropped in Hard/Challenging etc. Missions then they could have been tried and tested to use in the RAID