Ubisoft, what's up with your Support?

Are you kidding me?

Seriously, i have opened a Ticket a while ago, to report the Autosave Bug and to ask for a Solution for it.
    I have received an Answer that was more than dissapointing, because it was only said "Try the things that are listed on this Site" and a Site with the usual Tipps like, Update your Drivers or lower your Graphics Settings and such things, was linked.

But everybody knows, that these Tipps don't help at all, to fix the Autosave Bug, because it is a Bug in the Game and no Issue on the Users Side.
    I have written that as my next Answer.

Today i have received the next Answer from the Support, where the exact same Answer was given again.

I have to ask now: is there anybody working that is human or is the Support a Bot System only?

What kind of Support is it, that the People that shall give the Support, don't answer to direct asked Questions, but give the same, completely useless Answer, again and again.

Hello!!!
    I have paid real Money for your Product and what i expect is, that i get a properly working Product.
    But that is not the Case.

And i also don't get a proper Support.

Ubisoft, what do you suggest to do to solve the Problem?

I'm really annoyed!
     3 people found this helpful

Very good post redapg!

This is just a pretend support site that redicule the people who have purchased their games. Not fixing this autosave bug that have plagued the latest three Far Cry games is a joke. You people working for this company should be ashamed of yourself.
     3 people found this helpful

Yes, well written!!

And the Ignorance of Ubisoft continues......
     2 people found this helpful

I get angry ubisoft, luckily do not buy Far Cry New Dawn, thanks to forums, is the utimo I buy Far Cry 5, it has faults and bugs and low fps, I have gtx 1060 6gb nvidia, geforce experience I recommend all low graphics, Far Cry 5 gtx 970 recommended and I have 1060 6gb as it is possible in low? I no longer trust ubisoft.
    I am no longer interested in buying watch dogs legion and ghost recon breakpoint.
    ubisoft are a disaster and a liar.
     2 people found this helpful

I fear that most of the people don't notice the bug at all, because it appears only, when the save file gets bigger.
    I guess that most of the people play the main story and put the game aside then.

If i also do that, i don't notice the bug, or i notice it just a little bit, but in a not very disturbing way.
    But if i proceed more and the save file gets bigger, the game freezes and the bigger the save file is, the longer the freeze is.
    At some point, the game gets unplayable then.
    For me, that point is reached, when the save file has a size of 110 kb.
    But also with a size of 105 kb it is no fun anymore, to play the game.

Another user has described it very well in this thread:
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ave-Stuttering

And also that ubisoft tells us, that they can not reproduce the bug, has the same reason in my opinion.
    They simply don't play long enough, to get a size of the save file, that lets the game freeze, when it gets saved.

I also suspect, that it is not the writing of the save file to the disk itself, that causes the freeze.
    There must be something else and basic being wrong programmed.

But as long as ubisoft don't takes the reports of that bug in a serious way, nothing will happen from their site, to fix it.

I just hope that, if FC 6 gets released, the number of sold copies will reduce dramatically, because that is the only language that companies understand.
    The language of money.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi all, we appreciate your feedback regarding this matter and understand this is causing some frustration with certain players. Please note that this a known issue that our development team have investigated thoroughly, and in most cases we have found that the troubleshooting steps you have been provided have resolved this issue. I understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for however at this time there is no further information or troubleshooting steps the support team can provide. If any further information is made available we will be sure to let our players know..

Originally Posted by Ubi-Litten Go to original post
    Please note that this a known issue that our development team have investigated thoroughly, and in most cases we have found that the troubleshooting steps you have been provided have resolved this issue.
    There you have it!

Of course those troubleshooting steps we have been provided have helped us immensely in most cases. From the bottom of my heart i thank the team that have investigated this thoroughly!

From now on i will consider visiting Ubi:s support site when i want a good laugh.

@Ubi-Litten

some frustration with certain players
    Really? Some and certain?

Tell it, will it be fixed or not? I can bet on it will not be fixed nor in this century.

If you can't reproduce the bug (not issue as you wrote), then you probably have dumb debuggers and it's needed to replace them.

Ubisoft support = zero help

Shame Ubisoft!

No stuttering fix == not going to buy FC6

Originally Posted by Ubi-Litten Go to original post
    Hi all, we appreciate your feedback regarding this matter and understand this is causing some frustration with certain players. Please note that this a known issue that our development team have investigated thoroughly, and in most cases we have found that the troubleshooting steps you have been provided have resolved this issue. I understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for however at this time there is no further information or troubleshooting steps the support team can provide. If any further information is made available we will be sure to let our players know..
    Hello Ubi-Litten and also all other Ubisoft staff that is reading this forums.

I have some simple questions for all of you.

The most important ones:

Do you still play or did you play Far Cry New Dawn?
    If yes, how big is your save file?

And another concrete question:
    Because others have reported the autosave freezing for Far Cry 5 too, i was curious and have installed it again.
    For me, it is almost OK in Far Cry 5, what in FC ND is a freeze of around a half second, is in FC 5 an almost not noticable stutter only.

I was a bit astonished about it, because the save file in ND has a size of 112 kb, but the save file in FC 5 has a size of 431 kb.

Now tell me, why do the games behave so much differently?
    I guess that they use the same functionality for the autosave, right?

So why does one game freezes and the other don't, while the autosave is working?

A support should be able to easily answer such questions.

And, to avoid unneccessary questions from your site, both games are installed in the default way, in the subfolder "games", in the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" installation.

And what annoyes me the most, is the communication per ticket, what ubisoft calls "Support".
    If someone offers a support, i expect that i get support, but not being gutted with empty phrases, like the contionously repeating of "do what is recommended on the site "how to solve xyz problems" or however it is called, even if you have told them, that you have done it already, but it doesn't helped at all.

Other developers offer a support, that deserves that designation.
    There you get asked for some log files, like here too, but there, you get a concrete answer about what exactly is causing the problem on your machine.

Do you see the difference to the ubisoft support?

Ubisoft makes billions in sales and i am a part of the people that make that possible.
    So i wanted to be taken serious, when i have problems.
    Or don't i worth it?
    Don't WE worth it?

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey everyone! I have responded to this issue over on this thread. If anyone has any further information or questions, feel free to DM me. Thank you!